Even though I'm using this app for a few months now, the application is in a very early stage and there is still a lot of room for improvement. But I decided to give everybody else a chance to take a look at this version already. Stay tuned, it will progress over time.
Currently this app is read only, so there is no way to make any changes to the game. As the new official API has arrived a few days ago, I'm currently evaluating what could be done (and what makes sense on small devices)
It is designed to be able to run on any device with Android >2.3, but if you run it on any "exotic" devices, please drop me a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, be it a confirmation it is running there or what symptoms you see if it doesn't.
Also if you have any ideas what else might be useful for a client-on-the-go, please drop me a note to email@example.com
If you like this software, feel free to rate it good, if not, once more, please drop me a note to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will see what I can do about it. But please bear with me, this is purely a hobby project and I can not promise how much time I will have at my hands in future and therefore how soon I can implement new features.
Currently there are still some issues with this app that you should be aware of:
- If the servers at planets.nu are not running smoothly, strange things might happen. Normally you should be dropped back to the Login Screen, but sometimes this doesn't work. Just press back until you are at the login screen and try to login again.
- Rotating the device sometimes lead to weird results. I'm still tracking this down, but for now, you might have to leave a game and load it again
- Also putting the app into background while a game is loaded sometimes delivers weird results. Once more the solution is to log in again
Tags: vga gratis, vga planets, gpstrace orange client doesnt work, planets nu how to get ship to leave dock, vgaplanets.
- Switch to new API now also for scores
- New ships in campaign games are now supported
- Ship specials now displayed in ship detail page
- All reported crashes have been fixed or at least a workaround