Final Freeway 2R
5,000 - 10,000 downloads
- Keeps the essence of ol' arcade racing games.
- Fun gameplay
- We'd like more characters and cars.
A renewed version of classic racing arcade.
Final Freeway 2R brings back old racing games as Out Run to Android. Without being a version of Out Run itself, it's an update of all the genre as a whole, with no flashy 3D graphics or a thousand and one expensive licenses. Oyatsukai has made a lovely work with the retro 16-bit graphics, music and atmosphere, releasing a wonderful retro style game.
In addition, a few options have been added. Of course, they aren't the height of originality, but are indeed deeply appreciated. You can choose among three characters, each of them with his or her own look and strength and maneuverability skills, and change the color of you ferrarish car.
Moreover, Final Freeway 2R can brag about fun and smooth gameplay and performance. You know, it's very easy to play, no mind racking and no complex walkthroughs involving driving licenses. Accelerate, brake not too often and enjoy the ride.
Maybe a 3/5 would have been fair. However, regarding its awesome gameplay and those few yet great options -at least great for anyone who ever spent a dime on similar games- it's going to be rated with a fairer just 4 -though a 4 in the end- out of five.
The impressive sense of speed, catchy tunes and a super-retro look, will kick you back to the 80s! Beat the clock to the next checkpoint and don't let the pesky challenger beat you!
- Old-school arcade racing through 14 stages
- Real-time road splits (choose as you go)
- 3 selectable characters: Jess, Rico and Kate
- Beat your racing rival for extra awards
- 3 fantastic pop-rock tunes
- 3 difficulty levels: Beginner, Normal and Expert
- 6 control types, accelerometer or touch steering
- Game controllers support: MOGA, NVIDIA SHIELD, Nyko and Android HID compatible
- "Oyatsukai has made a lovely work with the retro 16-bit graphics, music and atmosphere, releasing a wonderful retro style game." - Android Zoom
- "I just can’t believe how hooked I’ve been on it since it came out." - Touch Arcade
- "A pitch-perfect blend of retro nostalgia and blistering, hair-flapping arcade racing." - Pocket Gamer
- "Final Freeway 2R is a treat." - Smartphone App Review
- Fix for crashes on some devices
- Support for more game controllers, including: MOGA, NVIDIA SHIELD, Nyko and Android HID compatible
- Battery life optimizations
Really impressive, the stills and "outrun clone" moniker don't do this game justice at all. Would gladly give 5 stars for Google Play Games I integration, which probably ought to be standard on Android games, now.
i fixed it install add version then uninstall add version
Awesome game!!!!! Hope to see future tracks! :)
A great game by a great developer.
Cheaper than 4 credits on the original Outrun arcade machine at my local arcade. Controls have a great feel to them.
Responsive controls, extremely fast, colourful graphics and catchy tunes. This game is exactly as it should be. Played on Xperia Play.
I've spent countless hours playing Outrun using only the cursor keys on my PC when I was young, and this game brought back some fond memories. It's a bit short and the music is a bit lame, but at this price it's still worth it. That's why I bought this ev