500,000 - 1,000,000 downloads
- Level editor
- Tap + tilt controls
- Flying fuzzies?
- Unoriginal game mechanic
Navigate the wild road in a rickety truck to successfully transport the stuffed animals across the border
Controversy!! The game that was too edgy for the App Store. The iOS bottleneck isn't nuts about potentially serious content, and as such rejected the twin brother of this runner from its shelves. Here's the very, very similar sanitized version with one letter changed, Owlchemy Labs' Snuggle Truck. Play 'em both, I say! Which brings you more utils of happiness, saving immigrants or fluffy stuffed bunnies? You'll need an Android device to find out; Smuggle Truck is exclusively available through Google Play.
The flavor of the game isn't morally questionable whatsoever, and the mechanics are strikingly within the realm of the tried-and-true. Drive like a banshee through each level, using the sides of the screen to accelerate/decelerate and tilting to angle straight and true. Obstacles, drop-offs, and flying fuzzies keep each race towards the border fresh. Earn badges for successful transportation of the maximum number of stuffed animals in your truck bed.
A really neat added value of the game: a level creator gives you the tools to easily put together your own challenges, which you can then share with friends and strangers alike. Run through other folks' custom-built levels and watch the fur fly.
The gameplay isn't super new, but it is well-done; controls are precise and graphic/audio is smooth.
Owlchemy Labs' Snuggle Truck is, from this reviewer's humble perspective, a harmlessly fun runner game, neither rocking the boat nor contributing anything revolutionary to the public sphere of gaming thought.
Would you rather be Shocked and Appalled at the subject matter? Head on over to Smuggle Truck. Are you indifferent to the plight of pixel people, but wish the devs would have taken the opportunity to teach something about our world at large rather than simply tossing babies in the air? Outta luck there, amigo.
The premiere snuggling game, now available on Android. Featured by PC World, TouchArcade, Kotaku, Joystiq, Penny Arcade, George Lopez Tonight and countless others!
PocketGamer - Game of the Week
"It's bonkers, hilarious, and utterly addictive... A perfect addition to your home screen."
SlideToPlay - Must Have 4/4
"4/4 - Must Have"
"Whether you call it Snuggle Truck or Smuggle Truck, this game is an absolute blast."
Gaming App of the Day
PAX East Boston Indie Showcase
Snuggle Truck is an over-the-top physics-based driving game where you must smuggle fuzzy zoo animals into a zoo in the least amount of time while carefully guiding your truck over rough terrain. Tilt your truck, catch a fuzzy, drive over armadillos, and rocket your way through hills, caverns, and deserts to save the animals!
- Loads of levels packed with varied physics gameplay and challenging terrain and obstacles.
- The Level Portal gives every player access to unlimited new content thanks to community-created levels.
- Beautifully hand-painted backgrounds and high resolution graphics crafted by notorious artist of 'Curse of Monkey Island' fame.
- Built-in Level Editor allows you to showcase your creative side. Make crazy-fun levels and share them with others!
- Rocket boosters, backflip achievements, cargo covers, roadkill, moose, teeter-totters, TNT, and more! Enough variety to keep your game experience fresh, play after play.
- Unique medal system rewards multiple gameplay styles. Go for the 'Ark' Award by saving every passenger. Also, try to snag the 'Speed Run' medal which can be obtained by gunning it and beating the fastest run time.
Read about the story behind the game at Snuggletruck.com
v1.3 - New trucks, themes, Brony Mode, and a ton of other goodies!
v1.1 - Fixed back button issues, fixed widescreen resolution issues and device texture issues.
v1.0 - First Android release. All premium DLC is now included free for a limited time!
Not much to it beyond presentation
I love your game :O
I love it
I had this on my iPad