500,000 - 1,000,000 downloads
- Challenging but easy to learn
- Smooth interface and gameplay
- It needs more of everything
Classical dungeon crawling
Pixel Dungeon is a little jewel among the ocean of Android retro-gaming. This doesn't mean it's the height of originality or whatever, but it's a smooth, well-thought and, in the end, fun game, suited for hardcore RPG players looking for some relaxed gameplay and curious alike. Game is pretty simple to learn, you have only to choose your class (warrior, mage or rogue so far) and roam around a dungeon full of fearsome marsupial rats and other implausible creatures while looking for treasures and, in a Heroquest-like twist, hidden doors. We'd like there was a tutorial, though.
This game is free to play, but it isn't an easy game. In fact, it's quite hard, and you'll have to learn to not face every living monster in your path. By the way, music is charming, and 8bit graphics, lovely.
Please, give this game a go. It may not have a high rating, but hasn't any remarkable flaw either.
Explore the depths of Pixel Dungeon, collect useful items, fight fierce monsters to find Amulet of Yendor (surprise!) - the ultimate artifact of this game world.
Roguelike is a sub-genre of role-playing video games, characterized by random level generation, tile-based graphics and permanent death.
Many people consider this game very difficult and luck-based. Anyway, you will die often. You are warned! :)
PLEASE HELP ME TO MAKE THIS GAME BETTER!
- In case of crash or freeze press "Report" button, it really helps to find the bug
- In case of incorrect behaviour of the game please contact me by email so I could ask you about the details
- Added: Ring of Power (replaces Ring of Energy)
- Added: Ring of Elements (replaces Rings of Cleansing and Resistance)
- Added: Ring of Herbalism
- Added: Wand holster
- Added: Alternative Imp quest
- Added: Level feelings
- Added: New sounds
- Added: Bright mode
- Added: Numerous UI improvements
- Changed: Boomerang can be enchanted
- Changed: Frost damages fire elementals
- Changed: Only seeds can be placed into an alchemy pot
- Fixed: Lots of bugs
I don't usually rate games but I feel like this one deserves it. I hate permadeath.
A great rpg love every min of it keep up the good work
Make it so that we can respawn with our stuff then I will give 5 stars
I've had lots of other apps that come and go in a few days or weeks, but pixel dungeon never ceases to entertain me. It takes a little bit to get started, but hang in there. somee suggestions: make each floor bigger, I feel like they're really small somet
Absolutley awesome roguelike. Its set apart by a very fun easy to learn ui and graphics. Great dificulty so when you finally get past "that spot" you feel totally rewarded.
Really cool rogue-like game.