1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Challenging but easy to learn
- Smooth interface and gameplay
- It needs more of everything
Classical dungeon crawling
Pixel Dungeon is a little jewel among the ocean of Android retro-gaming. This doesn't mean it's the height of originality or whatever, but it's a smooth, well-thought and, in the end, fun game, suited for hardcore RPG players looking for some relaxed gameplay and curious alike. Game is pretty simple to learn, you have only to choose your class (warrior, mage or rogue so far) and roam around a dungeon full of fearsome marsupial rats and other implausible creatures while looking for treasures and, in a Heroquest-like twist, hidden doors. We'd like there was a tutorial, though.
This game is free to play, but it isn't an easy game. In fact, it's quite hard, and you'll have to learn to not face every living monster in your path. By the way, music is charming, and 8bit graphics, lovely.
Please, give this game a go. It may not have a high rating, but hasn't any remarkable flaw either.
Explore the depths of Pixel Dungeon, collect useful items, fight fierce monsters to find Amulet of Yendor (surprise!) - the ultimate artifact of this game world.
"Roguelike is a sub-genre of role-playing video games, characterized by random level generation, tile-based graphics and permanent death."
Many people consider this game very difficult and luck-based. Anyway, you will die often. You are warned! :)
PLEASE HELP ME TO MAKE THIS GAME BETTER!
• In case of crash or freeze press "Report" button, it really helps to find the bug
• In case of incorrect behaviour of the game please contact me by email so I could ask you about the details
Pixel Dungeon is open source and free software. The source code is available at GitHub:
- Added: Immersive mode (switched off by default)
- Added: Synchronous mobs movement
- Added: Challenges (options for new game+)
- Added: New item - weightstone
- Changed: Poison mechanics
- Changed: Toxic gas (slightly)
- Changed: Blindweed is replaced by Dreamweed
- Changed: Keys are no longer stackable
- Changed: Mirror images are now immune to toxic gas and fire
- Changed: Inscriptions increase armor DR
- Fixed: Unresponsive error windows
- Fixed: Wand charging exploit
after brogue was ported over to the phone and tablet I Played that for a while and I did not like it and I was on a quest to find a better rogue like on the android. this one is a must have for rogue like fans. It plays well and the art is nice. A good change from the classic "@" symbol.
This has to be the best game I've played on Android its taken place of my emulators that allow me to play ACTUAL games on my phone. Because of the random generation I never play the same game twice and I have a hard time putting it down. Can't wait for a sequel!!
Constantly improving, very simplified, and the maker is very personable and reliable
Best game ever, two thumbs up my anus in excitement. Very fun and challenging. Been playing for almost a year and won't give it up.
Was killed by a Fist-like creature what is supposed to be an ancient god. The last boss is pretty hard then ;) play as a Huntress mostly :3
I have been playing it since I got it keep doing great.
Resembles an updated version of the original Rogue + nice graphix.