1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Challenging but easy to learn
- Smooth interface and gameplay
- It needs more of everything
Classical dungeon crawling
Pixel Dungeon is a little jewel among the ocean of Android retro-gaming. This doesn't mean it's the height of originality or whatever, but it's a smooth, well-thought and, in the end, fun game, suited for hardcore RPG players looking for some relaxed gameplay and curious alike. Game is pretty simple to learn, you have only to choose your class (warrior, mage or rogue so far) and roam around a dungeon full of fearsome marsupial rats and other implausible creatures while looking for treasures and, in a Heroquest-like twist, hidden doors. We'd like there was a tutorial, though.
This game is free to play, but it isn't an easy game. In fact, it's quite hard, and you'll have to learn to not face every living monster in your path. By the way, music is charming, and 8bit graphics, lovely.
Please, give this game a go. It may not have a high rating, but hasn't any remarkable flaw either.
Explore the depths of Pixel Dungeon, collect useful items, fight fierce monsters to find Amulet of Yendor (surprise!) - the ultimate artifact of this game world.
"Roguelike is a sub-genre of role-playing video games, characterized by random level generation, tile-based graphics and permanent death."
Many people consider this game very difficult and luck-based. Anyway, you will die often. You are warned! :)
PLEASE HELP ME TO MAKE THIS GAME BETTER!
• In case of crash or freeze press "Report" button, it really helps to find the bug
• In case of incorrect behaviour of the game please contact me by email so I could ask you about the details
Pixel Dungeon is open source and free software. The source code is available at GitHub:
- Added: Better landscape orientation support
- Added: Badges synchronization across multiple devices
- Added: New challenge - Forbidden runes
- Added: Numerous UI improvements incl the second quickslot
- Changed: Goo's behaviour & visuals (slightly)
- Changed: Wands get autoidentified after a number of usages
- Changed: King of Dwarves & Rotting Fist are now immune to vertigo
- Changed: Challeges are renamed
- Changed: "Sniper's mark" is replaced with "Zeroed in"
- Fixed: Several minor bugs
Jolly good old chap. One of the only games for which I get excited over updates.
I'm a huge fan of rogue-likes and this game is really fun and addicting, but on my phone it doesn't exit properly. Is anyone else having this problem? I finally beat goo after like 100 something run-throughs and tried so save and exit. I look in my task manager afterwards and it shows that it is still running. Then when I go to relaunch the game a fee minutes later my data is gone! Its not often I
The amount of time I must have spent on Pixel Dungeon probably exceeds that of a lot of the real, retail games I have bought for other systems. Fans of Rogue, Nethack, Diablo will have lots of fun with this. Ta very much! :)
My one complaint are the wraiths. They are nearly impossible to kill, as their Dodge rate is so high they're impossible to hit.
i prefer easy dungeon....must find a difficult betwen easy and pixel dungeon. That would be the best!
I mean, even getting past the first boss is a pain.