PicaSim: Free flight simulator
500,000 - 1,000,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By The Rowlhouse
PicaSim flight simulator focusses primarily on incredibly realistic R/C glider flying (slope and thermal), including wind flow, turbulence and thermals in the simulation. The gliders range from small flying wings like the Weasel, aerobatic planes like the Phase 6, Le Fish and the Jart, up to larger soaring and scale planes, plus a full size hang glider. But there are powered planes too, including a fully aerobatic powered plane, the Extra 3D, as well as a control-line plane.
There's a forum for posting bugs, suggestions and general discussion at http://picasim.freeforums.org
Read a detailed review of PicaSim flight simulator in the February 2013 edition of Radio Controlled Soaring Digest: http://www.rcsoaringdigest.com/ where it says "PicaSim is a fantastic flight simulator ... after a short time it’s like having a real transmitter in your hands".
Please remember it's a flight simulator, not really a game. There are no compromises in terms of the simulation, handling or control. If you find it hard to fly - that's because flying R/C planes is hard (at first), but a fun and rewarding skill to master. PicaSim won't teach you to fly a R/C plane, but it can help you learn.
It comes with a large selection of aircraft (mainly gliders for the moment), multiple terrains to fly in, and many settings so you can configure it as you see fit, or create your own terrains to fly around.
It is completely free - no in-app ads etc. However, if you like it, find it useful, or would like to support future improvements etc please feel free to make a small contribution - it will be hugely appreciated! You can do this through the PicaSim full version, or visit the website.
The Full version also includes additional scenes, races, limbo challenges and planes (including a quadcopter). It will contain more "bonuses" over time, as a little thank you for contributing.
If your device is Android 3 or above and supports USB OTG, you can probably use an external USB gamepad or joystick, or even your R/C Transmitter (via an interface), using a USB OTG cable/adapter (very cheap). Its definitely worth trying. Make sure you connect the controller before running PicaSim, and then set it up in the settings->joystick menu. Here's a video walking through the setup: http://youtu.be/HnM0YDfVArs
A few things:
1. If you've never flown an R/C plane before, I suggest watching at least the start of this video: http://youtu.be/FsbOyWK_8zo - it will give you a few tips about how to not crash. Keeping airborne is pretty hard at first!
2. If you select a multi-stick controller (mode1 or mode2), watch out for glitches. If the sticks don't always follow your screen touches, your device probably doesn't support full multi-touch. Select "stagger controller" in Settings->Options.
Please keep an eye on the website (or follow on Facebook/Google+) for info on updates etc - it's also available on iOS and Windows. When it's more feature complete I'll add more info on all the settings and how to configure/use it properly... until then please just experiment, and contact me if you have any questions or suggestions.
Permissions: It saves settings to the SD card, mainly because it supports using user-generated content. It needs the "Phone calls" permission for Marmalade - I think this is to handle interruption by incoming calls properly. PicaSim does not access any personal data on the device.
Tags: picasim donation version apk, picasim glider simulator, picasim aviones, picasim, absolute rc heli simulator cracked, absolute rc heli full cracked, apk picasim full cracker, picasim for windows, pica sim flight simulator, picasim full.
* Fix for crash in the Dynamic Soaring 3D scenery with the last version.
* Support for double-resolution panoramas on all platforms - see settings->Options 1 to enable, or in case of problems.
* Graphical and handling improvements for a few planes etc.
* Fixes for bungee launches.
* Added "Tips" to the help.
* Remove all support for Scoreloop - hopefully an alternative will be implemented before too long.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with bug reports and questions.