TRIAL VERSION! Restricted to one airport and 15 aircraft per session.
User Manual: http://www.maxhirn.at/web/RadarContact_UserManual.pdf
NEW: Version 6.2 features assignment of vertical speeds and some bug fixes! For other news see the "New Features" section below.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: If the speech output of "non-native-english" airlines like Lufthansa, Alitalia etc. sounds strange, please make sure you have all needed languages (French, German, Italian) installed: Settings -> Language & Input -> Text-to-Speech Output -> Settings -> Install voice data
IMPORTANT: This app may be incompatible with the app "Launcher Pro". If it should crash after using "Launcher Pro", try starting RadarContact from the normal Android home screen.
This is more a simulation than an arcade game. However, you will find every information required in the help section so you can try being an air traffic controller even without previous aviation knowledge!
Important Note: This application is optimized for tablets! It should run on any screen size and resolution. On small screens however, usability may be restricted.
- Control arrival and departure traffic (40 different airlines) at one fictional airport (seven in the full version)
- Assign headings, altitudes and speeds
- Clear Direct-To and into holdings
- Use RNAV transitions at selected airports - FULL VERSION ONLY
- Lead aircraft onto the instrument landing system
- Independent parallel approaches on some airports - FULL VERSION ONLY
- Handle occasional missed approaches
- Handle occasional emergencies
- Guide departures to their exit waypoint
- Observe minimum vectoring altitudes
- Close and open your sector to handle heavy traffic
- Deal with significant weather and aircraft avoidance headings
- Start with one airport, then unlock the other ones as your career progresses (full version only)
- Customize datatags
- Measure success with a score system
- Upload your score (if desired) to compare with other players
- Hear audio readback of aircraft
- Save and load games
IMPORTANT NOTE: Custom firmwares my not be compatible with this app!
The following devices have been found incompatible so far due to memory/display issues causing crashes:
- Samsung Galaxy Ace (GT-S5830, GT-S5830i, GT-S5839i)
- Samsung Galaxy Ace Duo (GT-S6802)
- Samsung Galaxy Y (GT-B5510 and B5512, GT-S5360)
- Samsung Galaxy Y Duo (GT-S6102)
- Samsung Galaxy Pocket (GT-S5300, GT-S5300B)
- Samsung Galaxy Mini (GT-S5570, GT-S5570I)
- HTC Thunderbolt, Glacier and Wildfire
- Huawei Ideos, U8350, M835, U8180, Ascend
- Sony Ericsson LT18i
- Coolpads 8... model numbers
- LGE Pecan
- BCM 2157
- Toshiba AT300
- Alcatel OneTouch 890D, 983
from 265 reviews