10,000 - 50,000 downloads
- 8 languages
- Overall, high quality.
- Heavy package
- Unacceptable amount of permissions
- Expensive in-app purchases
+ By Neowiz Internet
London 2012 Olympics official game
Ugh. We have a feat here reviewing this huge London 2012 game. If you don't mind, I'll try to group flaws first and virtues later. Although it can be considered a casual game, first time you play be prepared for spending a while on it.
Package weighs 72 Mb, plus an additional even heavier download. When you create a character you might find choosing a name for it is quite difficult, because names without numbers or characters are rejected with no apparent reason. Loadings can be looong and the in-app purchase shop invites you to abandon your character and download a "legend" for 1$. In despite of spending money to increase your character prowess, there are also vanity items such as hairstyles, make up and clothes for sale. It asks for an unacceptable amount of permissions, some of them quite creepy as monitoring incoming SMS and be able to send SMS as well.
Every action you take costs you stamina points, which are recovered resting 30 minutes. About gameplay, oh gameplay. We may be living in 2012, but things haven't changed much since that lovely Daley Thompson´s Decathlon, whereas we thrash our screens tapping alternatively instead of thrashing a membrane keyboard. Of course, this will be the most social Olympics ever, so every poor record (as my 15:57 running the 100 metres dash) you achieve can be shared via Facebook or Twitter. The most questionable part comes you realize that there's something kinda an experience system where your character has to improve his or her stats: it isn't either a bad or a new idea per se, but gets the feeling you don't have to take too much pains till you have your character fully upgraded through training. Anyway, you can always spend points or money to quickly gain better attributes (there's even an special offer to invest 100$ at once).
Don't ask why, but sound and voices may be the best part of all. About graphics, everything has that Wii-ish look with simple and plainly rendered polygons. Sports (the usual ones so far plus K1) let us hope for further updates and those sports nobody seems to care about such as show horse jumping, fencing, judo, aerobic gymnastics, wrestling...in the end, it's like any other Olympics game we played four, eight or sixteen years ago, with the only innovation being that we can play it on our mobile devices. Is it a good game? Yes, it is, or at least it's enjoyable and worth to be played. It's also true that there aren't many similar games around, and sports fans will find here a little oasis among bubble-bursting games, side scrolling games and flying color birds. However, we don't like that feeling of suspecting that you will bite the ham sooner or later and will purchase something for the sake of purchasing. A four out of five, though we'd like everything would be clearer and easier; and we'd have also liked that gameplay were more creative or original because there aren't many differences between this London 2012 and any Beijing 2008, Athens 2004 or any other leap year game. In short, it's dull yet right.
This paid version provides additional 3,000 stars, 5 max. stamina points and doubles stat rewards (Worth $5.50) at the moment of this review.
**Premium version provides additional 3,000 stars and 5 max. stamina points, double stat rewards (Worth $5.50)**
- The Official London 2012 mobile game!
- Get ready for the London 2012 Olympic Games, train the ultimate athlete and compete in 9 fast paced events
- 9 Olympic events: 100M, 110M Hurdles, 100m Freestyle, Double Trap, Triple Jump, Pole Vault, 100m Butterfly, Kayak (K1) and Archery
- Train and customise your athlete with over 220 items
- 3 game modes: Training / Olympic / Challenge
- 8 languages: Chinese, English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish
- Easy to play – difficult to master
- Enjoy authentic London 2012 Olympic venues
* Please note that some games might not operate properly as the multi-touch function will not work if the OS of your smart phone is not the latest version.
What’s new in this version
1. Maximum Stamina in Premium version (15 -> 20)
2. Reduced Stamina recharge time (30min. -> 10min.)
3. Ranking system for each event (world rank, record rank)
4. World ranking graph
5. Modified items’ prices & purchase methods
6. Additional 'Legend' characters
7. Improved pop-up notice
8. Apply daytime/nighttime background
9. Sound enhancements
10. Added vibration system for in-game actions
11. Improved tilt controls
12. Improved Swimming controls
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Peter Warrior.
- There aren't any comments yet, be the first to comment!