500,000 - 1,000,000 downloads
- Both strategy and management game
- Both solo and online modes
- It doesn't abuse of freemium model
- There should be more of everything
- It may not be considered a casual game at all
+ By Z2, Inc
A deep strategy game
Battle Nations is a pretty original game that combines turn-based strategy battles and camp and resources management, along a nice and entertaining story. Although gameplay is quite straightforward, there are enough options to be complex yet enthralling. Cartoon-like graphics may or may not be of your liking, but are clean and nice anyway.
There's a wide array of characters and units to train and fight against, and a bunch of stages in the solo campaign. In addition, there are a player vs player online option and a mode to play a single match against the AI to extend replayability, so in a worst-case scenario, you get a ton of hours of free gameplay before having to make use of freemium options aka in-app purchases. A few social options are just icing on the cake.
We can just wonder why there aren't more factions or why you can't zoom in on your buildings. However, the biggest catch are some random loadings here and then that unnecessarily slow down gameplay. Likewise, some texts and bubbles are shown off screen and you have to drag the whole map to read them.
Z2LIVE, INC, who already brought to us "Trade Nations" has done a really good job
Train your troops, assemble your Army, join a Guild, and defeat fearsome foes!
•“Battle Nations is freemium done well, offering more entertainment for your download than most of its competition.” TouchArcade.com
•“This game has a great look to it...and its roster of characters are well-written and even sometimes genuinely funny.” Kotaku.com
You're in command of the Imperial Army and must complete missions across the great Frontier. Assemble an army of lethal troops and vehicles, as you gather precious resources to build a resourceful and efficient Outpost. With the help of Sgt. Ramsey, Lt. Morgan, Floyd, Zoey, Perkins, and more, you'll keep the Empire safe from treachery.
• Over 500 missions, with more on the way!
• Over 100 unique troops and vehicles with distinct skills, abilities, and attacks!
• Construct, customize, and fortify your Outpost with a variety of buildings: Military Installations, Shops, Resources, Housing, Decor, and more!
• Engage in strategic turn-based combat in variety of locations across the Battle Nations world!
• Battle your friends and others players around the world in Friend vs. Friend and Random PvP Matches!
• Battle Nations is entirely FREE-TO-PLAY. However, some items in the game can be purchased with real money.
• A network connection is required to play Battle Nations.
Have questions, issues, or suggestions? We’d love to hear from you! Visit us at: www.z2.com/game/battle-nations
Follow @BattleNations for the latest news, events, tips, updates, and more!
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BattleNations
"Battle Nations 4.0 is a MASSIVE update, featuring:
- 5 new LEVELS
- Over 80 new MISSIONS
- More STORYLINE
- New LOCATIONS
- REPEATABLE BOSSES
- An all-new RESOURCE
- New UNITS
- New BUILDINGS
- Updated HUD and UI
- New DECORATIONS
- Optimizations, Stability Improvements, and MORE!"
The game update won't let me finish multiple missions which in turn won't let me build certain buildings and units that I would very much like. Other than that the game is a lot of fun with so much to do! Unfortunately I also do not see a way to submit issues or complaints which would be nice (no tech support).
Game worked great for awhile then the missions started to give off what it says to do unexplained errors. I'd stay away from this game til they get their craps figured out.
You know what it means DONT QUESTION IT!!!
Boar 3&4 messed up love game
I enjoyed playing this game a lot and have spent money playing it and now with the last update the missions are screwed up, WTF MAN!!!!! FIX IT
I like the game, reminds be of stuff growing up. It's a bit laggy at times n it will crash, but for the most I dig it. That is so far.....will see once I'm level 10-15 cuz i can see a difficulty spike coming