10,000,000 - 50,000,000 downloads
- Good gameplay
- Above average graphics
- Runs well on low-end devices
- It may be too slow and demanding
Build and manage your own city
Management games have been in vogue since the very beginning of smartphone gaming, and a lot of people who didn't know this genre were able to play it thanks to their mobile devices. Although all inherit something from Sim City -no shame in saying it loud- every one has its own features and its way to adapt its gameplay to touchscreens and, often, limited technical resources.
Megapolis is what we could call a mobile native city simulator. It may be a simplified version of what we are used to in our PCs, in which you have to build houses to attract people and infrastructures to collect taxes. Of course, it's all about money, so you can build factories to boost your income by signing contracts to sell whatever those factories produce. Everything is pretty well explained throughout the first minutes of playing, when your first quests teach you what and how everything can be done. A smart system of rewards and achievements makes fun running for a long while.
Game's oriented to what cities should be, so you can expect wind turbines to generate power and water tanks to collect rain water, for example. We haven't seen any polemic choice to be made yet -some will say they're the best part of this kind of games- but graphics are over average even on low-end devices (review made on a Nexus one) and real buildings look great. The array of buildings available is large enough to be considered as endless. Lastly, a system allows you to help your "neighbors", this is, your friends.
Great game. Perhaps it isn't the most famous game within the genre, but it's definitely worth a go if you are into it. And if not, check it out likewise, because it's a very good way to get started.
Manage finances and design and develop the primary infrastructure of your own city:
* railway stations
* oil and gas mining
* wind, solar and atomic power plants
Regular content updates and city events will add excitement to the life of your Megapolis. Trade materials and build alliances with your neighbors. Challenge your friends to see who can create the most alluring and successful city.
* Awesomely realistic 3D graphics
* World-famous architecture from ancient to modern times
* More than 700 buildings and sites with hundreds of construction materials
* Cooperate with your neighbors
* Expand your city over land and sea
* Challenging tasks, rewards and achievements
Install the update to receive:
- New and interesting promotions and profitable offers
- The World Capitals contest. Take a winning place in the world ratings and get beautiful and useful buildings for your Megapolis!
- Better graphics: 3D automobiles now drive around the city's roads
- Bugs fixed in purchasing expansions for acts
- Construction, achievement, and store interfaces improved
- Localization mistakes and application loading errors fixed
New update destroys my battery used to be able to play and charge my tablet up but now its still drains even when on charge plus randomly spends my megabucks sad times also you need to reduce the cost of building airport 3300 megabucks or 2900 gifts is to
Love the game but is there anyway that you all could make sending gifts a lot faster :-)
Takes entirely too long to update New areas in the game
About a month ago, it was running like a dream. Now it's freezing almost every time I attempt to play. HELP PLEASE! Revision: I turned off the animation and it freezes less. Sucks to not see everything move, but still love the game.
I own a city
Money vampire and graphics overlap and counter is jacked up total waste especially after 60$ and then all.the problems, trash!!!
Please make this game more lighter :)