1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Original and thrilling gameplay
- Excellent design and user experience
- Lack of customization options
An original and fun action defense-like game
This may be one of those rare cases in casual gaming wherein we have a good design, a good gameplay and even a plot. Perhaps it isn't an Oscar winning plot, but it works well as an introduction and puts you into the game.
Nun attack also combines different genres, mixing point-and-shoot with some tactical movements in what it seems a reboot of defense games. In addition, as every character has her own special abilities (let's call them "miracles") and there are Final-Fantasy like effects (namely poison, stun, charm...) it's strange that Frima Studio hasn't brag about RPG elements. Anyway, what matters is that gameplay is fun and there are a lot of levels to enjoy it.
Everything comes for a price, though. There isn't any Nun Attack free, trial or lite version (update 11/26/12: Nun Attack is for free). In exchange, you can omit in-app purchases as long as you don't want to take a shortcut to get the most powerful items. We'd like there were some customization option and any sort of cooperative playing via wifi or whatever, and more boss battles against more spectacular bosses, but it's a great game no matter how you look at it and we must congratulate its developer for it. So shall it be.
- IGN: "Catholicism has never been so hardcore."
- Kotaku: "Bless me, Father, For I Freakin' Love Nun Attack"
- Gamezebo: "Nun Attack is an eye-opener from the moment you cast your gaze upon the icon"
As many of you have requested: we’ve removed the ads but kept the offerwall, a way to earn FREE coins! Keep on playing Nun Attack while supporting us!
We’ve also introduced a new feature that will literally save your life! Avoid death for a small fee: use Instant Revive in the trickiest situations to save your nuns from failure!
Days have gone by uncounted since the power-thirsty Fallen Nun has taken over the mortal world, spawning evil all over. In a world where Evil is taking over and prayers are no longer answered, there is only one type of divine intervention left, and it’s armed to death.
Join the battle of light against darkness. Lead your squad to defeat the Fallen Nun and restore balance to the World in this epic tactical action game!
Nun Attack delivers hours of hellish entertainment through exciting gameplay mechanics, intuitive touch screen controls and tongue-in-cheek character dialogues! Explore multiple worlds, equip your nuns with the most badass arsenal, level them up and fend off waves of enemies and bosses, beating some holy into hundreds of demons.
Not only do you get to play with bunch of nuns with guns, you ALSO get:
- 4 characters to mess with, each with a unique personality and super power
- 40 missions including multiple levels where you can experience more than 150 battles, 3 epic bossfights and a final, climactic face-off with the Fallen Nun
- Over 80 different guns with various effects (Poison, Shock, Freeze, Burn, Stun, Slow, DOT, AoE, Knockback, Fear, and Charm)
- 7 different evil-stomping miracles to cast while playing
- A full shop to get things rocking!
- Rent-A-Gun: Unlock the most powerful gun for 24 hours
- Various bug fixing
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Peter Warrior.
Loved it but the gun upgrades are a bit pricy if your not buying them
Love the type of game play this app has! Really unique! The nuns are also kick @$$ :)
Im a proud Catholic, I take no offense, it's pretty funny
It keeps crashing.