5,000 - 10,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By AndroidWargames.com
*** If you encounter a bug, please get in touch with us by email, so that we can fix the problem! Same thing with refunds: Just mail us. ***
* 14 scenarios of varying size and difficulty, ranging from the initial conquests of neighbouring kingdoms by Roman city-state, to the First Punic War and beyond
* Single player and Local Multiplayer (players sharing same device) game modes (online multiplayer not supported)
* Freely zoomable and pannable hex based map, with multitouch gesture support
* Hex and counter style of play, like many table-top TBS board games
* Autosaving: Progress is automatically saved at end of each turn, or when you switch away from the game; No risk of losing game progress because of forgetting to save
* Designed to be playable also on lower-spec Android phones and tablets; on the other hand, users with more capable 'droid devices have enhanced frame rate and smoother experience
* In-game help guide
* Supports natively all screen resolutions from the smallest phones in your pocket to the largest HD tablets
* OpenGL ES hardware accelerated graphics engine
The basic gameplay style of this game was inspired by many earlier hexagon based "oldskool" or retro PC strategy games like Fantasy General, Panzer General and Battle for Wesnoth as well as some of the more recent titles, such as Uniwar on mobile devices ... with a little bit of Civilization / Freeciv spirit mixed in. However, the backdrop of the game is set in the ancient Rome, and the game attempts to follow faithfully the known course of the events to the extent that is known to the modern historywriting (some liberties have been taken in interpreting the details to make the game more entertaining). The game has some minor RPG like elements such as unit leveling (success in combat leads first to veteran, then to elite status, giving stats improvements), but at its heart it is first and foremost a pure strategy game.
Nearly two millennia before the era of medieval knights and castles of the European middle ages, the first ancient settlers of the Roman tribe founded the city of Rome. As the legends customarily tell, the twin brothers and townsmen Romulus and Remus were the original founders, with Romulus eventually becoming the first king of Rome. From its humble beginnings first as a small village, and then a local kingdom, its destiny was to become a great empire encompassing all coasts of the Mediterranean sea and even beyond. For centuries, his royal majesty the Emperor of Rome was undoubtedly the most highborn ruler on the Earth, wielding total authority over a large portion of the humankind, until barbarian hordes and many years of revolution brought the fallen empire to its end.
The game begins in the very first years of the Roman saga; You, the player, will lead the Roman army, legion after legion, from a battle to another in the name of the Roman Empire against the mighty warlords of the neighbouring realms. Assault the Etruscans on river Tiber, stop the madness of Samnite invasion in Campania, conquer South Italy, drive Carthaginians out from the isle of Sicily, and much more ... May the god of war Mars spare you from the fury and vengeance of your enemies in the battlefield!
While the main campaign of the game deals with the Roman Republic expansion wars, the second campaign is played as commander Hannibal of Carthage, one of the greatest military commanders to ever live, whose brief advance against Rome brought him all the way from North Africa almost to the gates of Rome, before the Romans got their defense lines established. This revival of warfare between Carthage and Rome came to be known as the Second Punic War in the books of history.
Tags: populus romanus, roman legion b.c, populus romanus instrukcja, pions roman legion, instrukcja do gry populus romanus, populus romanus manual, legion statego apk, populus romanus scenario punic war, romanus populus, legion stratego apk.
- Added larger game font for high-resolution (xhdpi) devices
- Fix a possible crash on Hannibal scenario 2 (Rhone crossing)
- Added a link to the sequel, Populus Romanus 2: Britannia
- Fixed a problem with multiplayer, which could occasionally cause a saved multiplayer game to continue in singleplayer mode when the savegame is loaded
- Enemy units with ranged attack are (hopefully) somewhat smarter
- Added Facebook and Twitter share buttons to game menu