The Hobbit: Kingdoms
10,000,000 - 50,000,000 downloads
- Overall, above average in everything, including IAPs cost
- The Hobbit would deserve better
- Too similar to too many games
+ By Kabam
The Hobbit management game
It should happen that we all are quite surprised by Kabam's choice on developing a management game based on The Hobbit, and not an adventure game or whatsoever. More odd seems the initial choice between dwarves or elves when we talk about a film in which elves take only a secondary role. Storyline gets odder when you realize that it takes place after [spoiler] Smaug's defeat [/spoiler], or at least that's what we would expect, though we can't tell for sure because an in-game Gandalf says that elves and dwarves wrestle over the Misty Mountain but cooperate to fend off the goblin hordes from beyond (really? wow! the goblin hordes from Angmar have arrived?)
Now that's obvious that Tolkien purists are running away from this piece of heresy to Middle Earth lore, let's focus on the game itself. It's a crude management game, in which you have to create farms (be warned, both "dwarven farm" and "elven farm" are concepts beyond our understanding) to increase your city's population, train troops and assign heroes to lead them. Of course, you can't do anything without resources, so that will be your main goal: to get in-game (wood, gold, etc) and premium (mithril) resources. There's a social side, too, as you can take part in online competitions and forge alliances with other players, namely your friends. In order to do so, an online real-time chat has been included as a feature.
Don't misunderstand this review. The Hobbit is a good management game, full of the best features from other games in the management genre, and its many in-app purchases are cheaper than other similar games'. However, we'd rather prefer that a solemn franchise as The Hobbit got something better than an Arcane Empires Middle-Earth skin.
SUMMON LEGENDARY MIDDLE-EARTH HEROES
• Appoint heroes including Gandalf, Legolas and Thorin Oakenshield to lead your troops in battle
AMASS A POWERFUL ARMY
• Join the Elves or Dwarves and train vast armies to rule the realm of Middle-earth
BUILD A MIGHTY FELLOWSHIP
• Connect with fellow players in real-time to build a powerful Alliance to crush the competition
CONQUER CAMPAIGN MODE
Adventure through epic quests to defeat fearsome bosses and the evil Dragon Smaug
RULE YOUR KINGDOM ON-THE-GO
• Strategize against opponents as you bring Middle-earth with you on your mobile device
For news and updates, follow @TheHobbitKingdoms on Twitter
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheHobbitKingdomsOfMiddleEarth
Note: A network connection is required to play
▶ NEW: Introducing Legendary Heroes!
- Gandalf, Thorin and other epic heroes can now COMMAND special Cadres of Tactical Troops in ADDITION to the normal march limit
- Upgrade them to bring MORE Tactical Troops on each March
▶ NEW: Smoother Chat experience
Some lists where this application appears: Strategy/Moba.
Too buggy, i have it on galaxy tab II and i can't type on chat
No game can beat this one
It was a great game but lately is kinda boring. 1 star till we se the wars live. And too many hackers
Just like all the other strategy games.
Nice interface but definitely not a quick game