Mega Bill Hicks
1,000 - 5,000 downloadsAdd this app to your listsTweets por @AppsZoom
Updated for Bill's 51st birthday...Mega Bill Hicks app dedicated to the late, great, genius comedian featuring:
- soundboard (notifications and ringtones)
- wallpaper setter
- official links
- app contact details
Share the love, laughter and truth...
Special thanks to: Jason Maxfield.
Only needed for the first install:
- Internet. You do not need internet access to use this app. Internet access is only required to view the external official links such as Bill's site.
- Wallpaper. Required to set your selected wallpaper.
- Read and write contact data. Allows the application to modify the contact data stored on your device,used when setting ringtones.
- Storage. Allows an application to write to the USB storage. Allows an application to write to the SD card.
- System tools. Allows an application to modify the system's settings data, i.e default notification or ringtone.
William Melvin "Bill" Hicks (December 16, 1961 – February 26, 1994) was an American stand-up comedian, social critic, satirist, and musician. His material largely consisted of general discussions about society, religion, politics, philosophy, and personal issues. Hicks' material was often controversial and steeped in dark comedy. In both his stand-up performances and during interviews, he often criticized consumerism, superficiality, mediocrity, and banality within the media and popular culture, describing them as oppressive tools of the ruling class, meant to "keep people stupid and apathetic"
Hicks was 16 years old when he started performing stand-up comedy at the Comedy Workshop in Houston, Texas, in 1978.
Hicks wrote, "On June 16, 1993 I was diagnosed with having 'liver cancer that had spread from the pancreas.'" He started receiving weekly chemotherapy, while still touring and also recording his album, Arizona Bay, with Kevin Booth. He spent time with his parents, playing them the music he loved and showing them documentaries about his interests. He died of side effects of his cancer treatment in the presence of his parents at 11:20pm on February 26, 1994. He was 32 years old.
Hicks was buried in the family plot in Leakesville, Mississippi.
On February 7, 1994, Hicks authored a verse on his perspective, wishes, and thanks of his life, to be released after his death as his "last word", ending with the words: "I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit."
Tags: standup comedy wallpaper, bill hicks soundboard.
* Fixed to portrait orientation.
* Hardwired menu button - Now you can share.
* Revamped wallpaper with full image and long click.
* Wallpaper resolution fixed for 2.7" and 3.2"screens.
* Soundboard revamped to a list view.
* Implemented save as alarm, notification and ringtone.
* Developer website initiated.
* Text recoded to white for easier reading.