100,000 - 500,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
We decided to make the notifications feature a separate extension app for better permission management and easy integration with DashClock. With this change, we were able to remove a few sensitive permissions from Apex Launcher, so users of the free version won't have to grant those permissions.
When used with Apex Launcher Pro, unread counts will show up in badges on application icons. Please enable Apex Notifier in Apex Settings > Notification settings.
When used with DashClock Widget, Apex Notifier displays useful information from various sources. Please enable Apex Notifier in DashClock Extensions > Add Another Extension > Apex Notifier. You may enable up to 3 extensions for DashClock.
• Missed Calls
• Unread SMS
• Calendar Appointments
• HTC Mail
• Samsung Email
• K-9/Kaiten Mail
• Battery Level
• Stock Email
• Google Talk
• Google Voice
• Unread SMS provides the number of unread messages, not unread conversations.
• Gmail unread count requires Gmail version 4.0.5 or higher.
• If you update Gmail or install K-9/Kaiten Mail after installing Apex Notifier, you may have to re-install Apex Notifier to get proper permissions.
• You do not need this extension for Aqua Mail. Just turn on external notifiers in Apex Launcher Pro, and you will see the unread count badge.
• Battery level will be displayed in a numeric badge on Battery apps (the Settings app by default) in Apex Launcher Pro. Some battery settings (e.g., status, time, details) are only applicable for DashClock.
• Notification data for Email, Google Voice, and Starbucks are retrieved from widgets. Please set up your account in those apps first. Depending on how often each app refreshes its widget, data may not be updated in real time.
• Features listed under Labs are experimental and may stop working in the future.
• When used with Apex Launcher Pro, please install Apex Launcher before installing Apex Notifier.
• Apex Notifier only works with official versions of Apex Launcher Pro (2.0+). Please do not ask for support if you are using a modified or pirated version.
For now, only apps listed above are supported. Integration with additional apps may be implemented in the future if there is official API or public content provider. There is currently no plan to support apps that do not expose APIs (e.g., WhatsApp, KakaoTalk). It is possible to support those apps by listening to status bar notifications using an accessibility service. However, it is hacky and suffers from some known issues (with Google Now, Talkback etc.)
Developers: Apex Launcher Pro also supports notifications from other apps. Please check out the notifications API at http://goo.gl/NC8EO
Tags: apex notifier.
Note: As Google replaces the Talk app with the new Hangouts app, support for Google Talk will be removed in a future update. Unfortunately, Hangouts is not supported at the moment, as it does not provide any public API or interface for retrieving notification data.
* Improved Gmail and SMS support
* Added Italian translation
* Fixed Kaiten Mail DashClock extension option
* Added support for Kaiten Mail
* Improved support for unread Email
* Fixed Samsung Mail dashclock shortcut