5,000 - 10,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
The free version comes with 3 airplane clock themes that can quickly be changed by touching the clock face and choosing a new one from a menu.
A license key can be purchased for $2.99 which unlocks 7 more flying themes to satisfy any pilot...yes, helo drivers we even have a rotor tach for you. The license key is a one-time purchase, which Google Play will manage so that all themes will be unlocked on your other Android devices too.
Thank you for supporting aviation related app development. Enjoy!
- Support for multiple clocks (i.e. turn your phone into an instrument panel)
- 10 different clock faces:
- Altimeter (free)
- Turbofan Engine (free)
- Airspeed Indicator (free)
- Radial Engine
- Directional Gyro
- Radar Screen
- Artificial Horizon
- Heads Up Display (HUD)
- Rotor Tachometer
- Flight Helmet
- No advertisements (i.e. phone FOD)
Note: This is a widget and not an application, so it will not show up in your app list. To add a widget, do the following:
1) Choose an empty space on your home screen.
2) Hold your finger there (long press) until a menu appears.
3) Select the 'Widgets' menu item.
4) Select 'Aviator Clocks'.
Instructions for Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and above:
1) Open the app drawer.
2) Select the 'Widgets' tab.
3) Long press on 'Aviator Clocks' and drop it on your home screen.
1) Touching the clock face will open up the menu for changing themes.
2) A long press on the clock face will allow resizing (Android 3.1 and above).
WARNING: For the 'Artificial Horizon' and 'Heads Up Display' themes, the hour hand controls the horizon...so don't panic when you find yourself in a tight turn or even inverted at various times during the day. Also, for you chopper pilots, the 'Rotor Tach' theme will display a dangerous flying condition for most hours of the day.
Troubleshooting: If Aviator Clocks does not show up in your widget list, it is because Android sometimes blocks widgets that are installed to the SD card (which CyanogenMod does by default). To fix this, do the following:
1) Open up Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications.
2) Select 'Aviator Clocks'.
3) Click the 'Move to Internal Storage' or 'Move to Phone' button.
Keywords: sierra hotel, fighter jock, wingman, centurion, NFOD, Martin-Baker fan club, HOTAS, flathatting, air wing, CAVU, sortie, check six, IFR, fangs out, conning, booming
Tags: aviator clocks, kubitz inc android.
Recently changed in this version:
- Added a new fighter pilot helmet clock theme (for licensed users).
- Added more levels of resizing (Android 3.1 and above).
- Can now be used as a screen lock widget (Android 4.2 and above).
- Improved some of the graphics (from user feedback).
- Fixed a bug in the unlocking code.