Buy any 5 apps from me and get the sixth app of your choice (from my 60 apps of course) for free. Mail me and I'll send you the APK.
Screen full of tiny button like icons is sooo passe. Jazz up your screen with wide app launcher banners. The perfect style mix between Windows Phone 8 and Google Now Cards.
== FEATURES ==
This skin set contains 16 banner skins in total; every skin working like an icon to launch one app each. The skins are - Chrome, Clock, Contacts, Date, Facebook, Files, Gallery, GMail, Maps, Msg, Music, News, Phone, Settings, Weather, YouTube.
Pick the ones you want and arrange them on your homescreen/lockscreen anyway you want. Assign your favorite apps to each of the hotspots.
== INSTRUCTIONS ==
To use this skin, you have to install, apply and edit/assign hotspots to the skin.
- Install -
- This is a skin installer. Launch the app and tap "Install Skin".
- Next screen, tap "OK" for "Replace app?". (On Jelly Bean devices, tap "Next" when you are prompted to "Update existing application".)
- Next screen, tap "Install". When that finishes, tap "Done". Skin is now installed.
- Apply -
- You must have Ultimate custom widget (UCCW) 2.1.2 or higher installed. http://goo.gl/eDQjG
- Place a UCCW widget of 5x2 size on the homescreen. You can do so by dragging the widget from app drawer or by long pressing homescreen to pull up widget menu.
- This will open the skins list. Skins downloaded from play store will show up ONLY HERE.
- Select any Banners skin you want from here. The skin will be applied to the widget.
- Repeat the step to place any number of widgets.
- Recommendation - Use Apex or Nova launcher. Grid size 8x5. Horizontal margin = medium, Vertical margin = large. Dock and statusbar hidden. Navbar stock size.
- Edit -
- After applying the skin as mentioned above, launch UCCW app itself. Tap Menu, tap "hotspot mode" and tap 'OFF'. UCCW will exit.
- Now tap anywhere on the uccw widget. It'll open in uccw edit window.
- Scroll through the components in the bottom half of the screen. Assign apps to hotspots in this window. This IS a MUST.
- You can change color, format etc too (optional) in this window.
- When done, no need to save from the menu. That won't work. Simply tap Menu > "hotspot mode" > 'ON'. UCCW will exit and your changes will be applied to the widget.
You can watch the steps in video below.
== TIPS / TROUBLESHOOT ==
- If the "Install" step fails; go to Android settings > Security and make sure "Unknown sources" is enabled.
- The apps must obviously be installed in your device already to launch them. The skin won't install it.
- To change temperature unit between Celsius and Fahrenheit -> Launch UCCW app itself. Tap Menu, tap settings. Here, if "Celsius" is marked, temperature will display in Celsius. If unmarked, Fahrenheit.
- If weather info is not displayed/updated, Launch UCCW app itself. Tap Menu, tap settings. Tap "Weather provider" and make sure one of the two options is selected. Tap Location and make sure "Auto location" is selected.
- Send me a mail if you have ANY issues.
== TRADEMARKS ==
Windows Phone 8 is a trademark of Microsoft Corp and "Google Now" is a trademark of Google Inc. Banners UCCW skins is not endorsed by or affiliated to either of them in any way.
Tags: banners uccw skins apk, banners uccw skins, uccw banner skin, uccw whether not display properly, gadget globe uccw skin, uccw banner, uccw working with shapes, how to assign weather hotspot to banner widget, large icons uccw, theme banners.
v1.6 - 2 new banner skins; Radio and Games.
v1.5 - Tablet optimized.
v1.4 - Skin is now editable including hotspots. Please assign apps to hotspots before using.
* (Fixed) Skin not showing up on Jelly Bean devices
* Skin app is now replaced by skin installer app. Run the app and install the skin, which will replace the installer app.