First Aid Tips for Summer
10 - 50 downloadsAdd this app to your listsTweets por @AppsZoom
Your Son Collides With a Telephone Pole on His Skateboard!
Your Daughter Steps on Red Anthill!
And You? You Meet the Wrong End of Your Barbecue Grill!
Ah, it’s summer. Days are sunny and long. Evenings are warm, filled with good food off the barbecue and memorable moments with friends. Long lazy naps in the hammock and more accidents than at any other time of the year!
Just by the very nature of the season it stands to reason that we expose ourselves to more potential accidents just because of the extended time we spend outdoors.
Cuts, scrapes, bruises, burns and bites are hiding just around the corner. They say that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. That’s a valid point, but it’s impossible to avoid every potential incident.
What makes better sense is to be prepared for any eventuality. That preparation includes knowing exactly what to do when you are hit with a summer emergency. No, you don’t need to become a doctor or even an EMT.
The solution is just a click away. Not your typical first aid book, “First Aid Tips For A Safe Summer” is designed to give you “how to info” specifically for summer emergencies.
Written in simple terms, each chapter focuses on a specialized summer injury.
Take bug bites for example. What some folks view as a simple bug bite could be life threatening to someone allergic to specific insect bites. An entire chapter is devoted to different bug bites and how to treat them.
What kid has made it through their childhood without experiencing at least one broken bone? Not too many. Never fear “First Aid Tips For A Safe Summer” to the rescue. Learn how to properly care for a potential broken bone before it happens.
And, that’s just the beginning. The list is endless! All of these summer casualties are covered:
• Bruises and Blisters – Most bruises are minor but how do you determine what is excessive? Untreated blisters can become infected. How to prevent this from occurring.
• Burns - There are three known classifications of burn injuries: first-degree, second-degree and third-degree. Learn what comprises each classification.
• Scrapes and Cuts - proper wound care to prevent infections and several other complications.
• Sprains – Learn the basics of how to identify serious sprains and when to seek medical assistance.
• How to Do CPR – Learning this one technique is responsible for saving countless lives!
• Heat and Sunstroke – This is a very common summer ailment. All too often this condition can result in death. Learn how to recognize the symptoms and act quickly to prevent disasters!