100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Compatibility with other apps
- Highly customizable
- Ease of use (tap, drag and hold)
- Kik Messenger, Google Now not supported
- It's a 30-trial, such a pity
Floating Notifications shows chat-head-like notifications on top of any app
We are now used to status bar notifications. However, that's not the only (or the best) way to display notifications on your smartphones. Rob J proposes a new way to do it, inspired by Facebook chat-heads and Paranoid Android: floating notifications that pop up on top of any app and can be moved anywhere you like in the screen (hold and drag), show its content and launch the app (tap and tap again content) or dismiss it (double-tap).
Floating notifications support almost any app with notifications installed in your device, except Kik Messenger and Google Now so far. However, users can set which apps they want to see floating notifications for by selecting them from the app notifications list. In addition, floating notifications appearances is fully customizable (size, color, content text font size, width,...), as well as its behavior.
An original and highly useful app that makes easier interacting with your mobile device.
This is a full 14 day trial to give you plenty of time to get to grips with everything Floatifications has to offer :)
The unlocker can be found here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=robj.floating.notificationsunlocker
For this to show you need to enable it per app, long press the last icon in the app list to see how.
Then in Settings choose if it should show in fullscreen, or non fullscreen apps. Or both :)
Themes for FN can be found both on the Play Store (search "FN Theme") or on XDA (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2283623)
Any issues, requests or suggestions?
Follow us on Twitter (@FNforAndroid)
Like us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/floatingnotifications)
Circle us on Google Plus (http://gplus.to/chatheads)
Get beta access by joining the community (http://gplus.to/fnbeta)
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Icon by FineTalent of XDA - http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=4841935
App integration - Android 4.2 or Lower
FN is not able to make notifications disappear from your status bar. An app cannot dismiss another apps notification.
However, if you want any of your favourite apps to either make their status bar notification disappear when you dismiss the corresponding Floating Notification, or vica versa, you can point them to this page where they can add Floatifications integration:
This is NOT Halo. There are no popups of full apps and nor will there ever be. If that is what you are after unfortunately you will not find it here.
HOWEVER, if you are running a custom ROM which supports Halo then you there is a setting to open any notifications from FN in a Halo window.
The extension library and wiki can be found here:
- Some Samsung devices might start reading aloud, this is a known Samsung bug, it is not something I can fix however a number of possible fixes can be found here: http://goo.gl/mnzjI And you can see Samsung's response to the issue here http://goo.gl/l1E3d
- Swipe keyboard input on some Samsung devices might stop working (typing only), again, this is a known Samsung bug, it is not something I can fix
If you receive no notifications
Do you have other accessibility services enabled? If so disable them, enable Floatifications, then re enable them. If this fails to work please email me and I'll help you set it up.
Known issues (not caused by this app)
- If you are on 4.2 and using the screen on option, when you phone is locked, instead of the usual screen timeout of 10 - 40 seconds (depending on device) it'll instead use your normal display timeout (the one you set in your display settings) - this could result in battery drain is your normal timeout is long ( >1 min)
- If you are on Sense 5 and using the lock screen option, any touch can unlock the phone, this is a known Sense issue
• Fixed missing app checkbox on some devices
• Added new ticker notification type
• Added fullscreen only mode
• Added option to customize the gap between stacked icons
• Added option to unlink FN and status bar notifications (4.3+)
• Fixed app crashing on some devices when loading app list
• Fixed compatibility with many apps (PushBullet, Titanium Backup, Google Keep & more)
• Fixed pinned icon not showing on certain devices
• Fixed broken backup & restore
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Love using it with expanded desktop.
Desperately needs a swipe away feature. I do not want to open every single notification. This unfortunately is a deal breaker.
I was a fan of pacman Roms and paranoid android. This is a must have for those against root! Support our Devs, buy an app
An extension for Hangouts for quicker replying instead of opening the app. Also, when in full screen landscape mode (such as watching a movie), there is about half an inch of screen not covered by the notification. It is really distracting.
Every time I turn my phone on I have to retick again all apps for notifications. It turns of when you turn your phone off so it's annoying.
Instead of clicking on the notification and clicking on the box as well, one click to open the app would be so much better.