GO Launcher EX
50,000,000 - 100,000,000 downloads
- Unlimited screens
- Swipable dock
- Themes supported
- App drawer interface
- Not too many widgets available
- Only compatible with Android 2.1 and later
Recent updated with new widgets, including Switch Widget (a widget's dashboard), 8 new effects and improved performance.
A launcher is an app that basically changes dock, app drawer, widgets and icons appearance as well as its performance. Go Launcher EX is the extra version of GO Launcher, one of the most popular launchers on the Android market. It provides beautiful themes, fast flip speed and useful functions that we're going to review next:
One of the strongest points of Go Launcher EX is that it has no screen limit: you can add as many as you need. You also can modify screen transitions. Unlike other launchers on the market, Go Launcher EX do support themes. Heaps of them are coming up! Another great feature of this launcher is the swipable dock: you can choose the icons you want to show in the dock and add as much as you want. Go Launcher also includes the unread sms/mms/gmail and missed calls counter next to its specific icon. If you have lag on home screen, try to change the value of flip speed in display settings to get a smooth scrolling experience.
What about the app drawer? You can create folders to organize your apps, change the scrolling orientation, show/hide apps names, manage the order of the icons in the app drawer, hide applications you don't want to show, among many other features. Go Launcher EX app drawer is split in three tabs: All, Recent (used), Running. Once you have set Go Launcher EX to your liking, you can save your own configuration in your SDcard. It’s especially useful if you want to switch between profiles or if you need to wipe/restart your phone. Besides the features we have listed above, Go Launcher EX brings many others since it’s a high-configurable one.
Go Launcher EX has been developed by Go Launcher Dev Team, a group of developers who just has launched the launcher and some themes and widgets related to it. They’re being though quite successful: Go Launcher EX is one of the Top3 Android launchers by amount of downloads.
Go Launcher EX is probably the most balanced launcher: it’s high-configurable, support themes and it’s quite fast. Maybe it’s that way because it mixes the best features of other launchers by "imitation". But anyway, if you are looking for a good launcher this is one of the best you will find on the market.
This app was featured in one of our videoreviews. Watch it here.
☆ Extremely smooth transition animation
☆ Smooth flipping operation
☆ More than 5000 personalized themes
☆ Amazing custom gestures feature offers you more convenience and fun
☆ Various GO widgets (weather, switcher, calendar…)
☆ Efficient and strong app management function, including sorting, hide app, search, cleaning memory and refresh.
- Supports GO Launcher super themes (more homescreen effects),the last pic above is our "Dryad Super Theme".(Search "Dryad" in google paly, it's free to download)
- Draw patterns to active apps (double click on home screen to active custom gesture)
- Squeezing effect of icons and widgets (Jelly Bean style)
1. How to get themes, widgets and lockers?
a) Search ‘go launcher theme’, ‘go widget’ or ‘go locker’ in Android Market.
b) Use GO Store via menu button in GO Launcher.
2. How to set transition animation?
Use ‘Effects settings’ via button in GO Launcher.
3. Icons are too small?
Use ‘Icon Size’ option in ‘Preferences->Visual settings->Icons’ to make icons bigger.
3. Long press the app icon to enter editing mode on home screen and app drawer.
4. Glide up to open menu and glide down to pull down notification.
5. The widgets in the screenshots belong to GO Widget, attainable from Android Market or GO Store.
6. File browser can be found in the lower left of app drawer.
7. Process management feature is found down the running tab of app drawer. Clicking the broom icon and clean the memory.
1. GO Launcher is a totally free app without any charge.
2. If you cannot set ‘GO Launcher’ as the default home app, download ‘Home Manager’ to fix it.
3. ‘DIRECTLY CALL PHONE NUMBERS’ permission?
It's required by the feature to create shortcuts of ‘person’ and ‘direct dial’. GO Launcher won't make unattended phone call and cost your money.
5. ‘READ CONTACT DATA’ permission?
It's required by the feature to create 'person' shortcut as well as to add contact folder.
Our commitments are respecting user privacy and delivering cool experience. Please help us by rating this app and recommending to the others.
Want an extreme makeover to your phone? Try it out!
Follow Us on
Owned by and Visit 3G.cn Through Your Mobile.
Copyright 2004-2012 All Rights Reserved.
Recently changed in this version:
1. (New) Add the feature to auto-clean unuseful icons on homescreen
2. (New) Know the upcoming features in advance via Preferences-> About
3. (New) Toucher theme switch supported(Menu-Add-Theme-Toucher)
Last activity on GO Launcher EX
Lists with: GO Launcher EX
Comments and ratings for GO Launcher EX
Its perty cool runs good
Its very good n easy
It's a good launcher for the ones who totally want a different feel!