- Displays new message counts (minimized view)
- Displays last received message (expanded view)
- Updates instantly when new notification arrives
- Tap to launch official Google Voice app
This extension requires the DashClock Widget:
and the official Google Voice app:
from Google to work properly.
Q. Why is it not showing anything on the widget?
A. Make sure the accessibility service for this extension is enabled under Settings -> Accessibility, or Notification Listener Service is turned on if you're on Android 4.3 or above.
Q. It doesn't show my existing unread messages!
A. This extension does not have access to notifications received before it is set up. Any new notifications after it is set up should be captured properly.
Q. Is my personal data safe?
A. No personal data is captured and transmitted for any purposes.
Q. Why does it require an accessibility service?
A. Without an official API for Google Voice, accessibility service is the best way to monitor notifications while still within Android's boundary. Personal data is not collected and transmitted for any purposes.
Q. It always show zero received messages even when I have some new messages.
A. Make sure the notification setting is turned on in the Google Voice app. If you have other similar accessibility services turned on, there could be a conflict between services as well.
Q. I don't see any voicemails.
A. Voicemail is currently not fully supported. Expect flakiness.
Q. (Android 4.3+) How do I use the new notification listener service?
A. The new service can be turned on via the shortcut in the extension settings, or from Settings -> Security -> Notification access.
Q. (Android 4.3+) Can I activate both the accessibility service and the notification listener service?
A. Theoretically, yes. I tried to handle as many scenarios as I could, but it is always possible that I missed something. For best results, use one or the other.
- (Android 4.3+ only) Added notification listener service for monitoring messages. This is the Google-suggested method and is strongly recommended. Make sure to turn off the old accessibility service as well.
- Fix Settings shortcut inside extension settings. The shortcut now directly goes to accessibility service settings. This should hopefully fix the crashes due to inconsistency between different devices.
- Other bug fixes and improvements.