1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Highly customizable
- It should include more pre-installed themes & extras
+ By cloud.tv
HD Widgets unleashes all the power of Android widgets
Either if you are a widget nerd or you have never heard of them, you should take a look at HD Widgets. It's probably one of the most complete and most personalizable widget app on the store.
No matter if what you want is handy widgets for power toggles, clock or weather info. HD widgets includes all of them. But, and here comes the best part, it doesn't bring up presets of widgets: you can tweak background, switch type, active color, labels, text and icons so you create unique custom widgets.
In addition, there are dozens of theme packs you can download directly from the app and take advantage of presets other have build for the community. Oh, community, the magic word. HD Widgets has its own (and very active) community where you can ask anything and contribute with your own creations.
I can't finish this review without mentioning its excellent tutorial for both beginners, intermediate and advanced widget users.
Top 10 Android Apps - Techcrunch
"Android users swear by the HD Widgets app" - The Guardian
"Amazingly awesome and beautiful" - Android Community
"elegant and eye-catching" - Computerworld
"heavy on polish and detail yet light on the wallet" - AndroidGuys
Play Store Editor's Choice for over 2 years!
- clock, date, switches, weather, forecast, & location
- 50+ setting switches
- tap hot spots to open apps (clock / alarm, date, weather)
- phone sizes: 1x1, 1x2, 1x4, 2x1, 2x2, 4x1, 4x2, 4x3, 4x4, 5x1, 5x2, 5x3
- tablet sizes: 6x1, 6x2, 3x5, 8x1, 8x2, 4x7 (and all phone widgets)
- lock screen widgets
Theme Packs and Add-Ons
HD Widgets includes FREE Glass Gems theme pack with over 100 widgets for phones and tablets.
Add more theme packs and icons via Play Store:
- Kairo (40+ widgets)
- Kairo XP (60+ widgets)
- Colourform (30+ widgets)
- Colourform XP (50+ widgets)
Advanced Weather & Forecast
- the most advanced weather screen available on Android
- multi-source: AccuWeather, Weather Underground & more
- 12-36 hourly graph w/ temperature and chance of rain
- 7-10 day forecasts
- multiple locations
- HD Widgets 4 requires Android 4.0.3 & up
- UNIVERSAL app made for tablets and phones! No need to purchase again =)
- changing grid size, resolution, firmware/rooting may affect performance
- we don't test ROMs
- FAQ: http://cloud.tv/apps/hd-widgets/faq/
- camera: to use the LED camera light
- full details: http://cloud.tv/i/hdw-perms
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Anything else? Got ideas? Please tell us: email@example.com
♥ We respond to everyone!
- Weather icon pack support
- WeatherBug removed
- new weather service: Open Weather Map
- battery / bandwidth fix
- cleaned up UI (preview, tablet weather)
Widgets disappearing during update? That was recently fixed. Please make sure you’re using the latest version of the Play Store app (4.9.13 or later).
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Good app, but percentages are confusing - 40% of brightness of the app is 25% of stock android in my LG optimus G2
This is a great app except for the fact that it decreases standby battery life on my Nexus 7 2013.
Does exactly what I need it to do. I've tried quite a few different clock widget and this one is by far the best. Doesn't crash and doesn't use up a lot of my memory. Highly recommend.
In the last couple of days the app drains the battery very quickly even though I never click on the widget and it is on a "screen" that I rarely use...
I use three different 4x1 widgets to give me 15 toggles and indicators. Very configurable as to appearance and very clear and well-designed. Best in class without a doubt.
The battery consumption is quite high but definitely worth it. Just switched to cyanogenmod 11 got battery life for days.