1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Highly customizable
- It should include more pre-installed themes & extras
+ By cloud.tv
HD Widgets unleashes all the power of Android widgets
Either if you are a widget nerd or you have never heard of them, you should take a look at HD Widgets. It's probably one of the most complete and most personalizable widget app on the store.
No matter if what you want is handy widgets for power toggles, clock or weather info. HD widgets includes all of them. But, and here comes the best part, it doesn't bring up presets of widgets: you can tweak background, switch type, active color, labels, text and icons so you create unique custom widgets.
In addition, there are dozens of theme packs you can download directly from the app and take advantage of presets other have build for the community. Oh, community, the magic word. HD Widgets has its own (and very active) community where you can ask anything and contribute with your own creations.
I can't finish this review without mentioning its excellent tutorial for both beginners, intermediate and advanced widget users.
Top 10 Android Apps - Techcrunch
"Android users swear by the HD Widgets app" - The Guardian
"Amazingly awesome and beautiful" - Android Community
"elegant and eye-catching" - Computerworld
"heavy on polish and detail yet light on the wallet" - AndroidGuys
Play Store Editor's Choice for over 2 years!
- clock, date, switches, weather, forecast, & location
- 50+ setting switches
- tap hot spots to open apps (clock / alarm, date, weather)
- phone sizes: 1x1, 1x2, 1x4, 2x1, 2x2, 4x1, 4x2, 4x3, 4x4, 5x1, 5x2, 5x3
- tablet sizes: 6x1, 6x2, 3x5, 8x1, 8x2, 4x7 (and all phone widgets)
- lock screen widgets
Theme Packs and Add-Ons
HD Widgets includes FREE Glass Gems theme pack with over 100 widgets for phones and tablets.
Add more theme packs and icons via Play Store:
- Kairo (40+ widgets)
- Kairo XP (60+ widgets)
- Colourform (30+ widgets)
- Colourform XP (50+ widgets)
Advanced Weather & Forecast
- the most advanced weather screen available on Android
- multi-source: AccuWeather, Weather Underground & more
- 12-36 hourly graph w/ temperature and chance of rain
- 7-10 day forecasts
- multiple locations
- HD Widgets 4 requires Android 4.0.3 & up
- UNIVERSAL app made for tablets and phones! No need to purchase again =)
- changing grid size, resolution, firmware/rooting may affect performance
- we don't test ROMs
- FAQ: http://cloud.tv/apps/hd-widgets/faq/
- camera: to use the LED camera light
- full details: http://cloud.tv/i/hdw-perms
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Anything else? Got ideas? Please tell us: email@example.com
♥ We respond to everyone!
- Fix for AccuWeather
- Clock time fixed for "locate automatically"
4.2.0 - 4.2.2
- Compatibility fixes
- Updated to 5.0 Robotofonts
- Weather icon pack support
- WeatherBug removed
- new weather service: Open Weather Map
- battery / bandwidth fix
- cleaned up UI (preview, tablet weather)
Widgets disappearing during on your new Samsung device? Please uninstall and reinstall HD Widgets. Should only need to do this one time. If it still happens, please let us know.
Love it, have been using it since my Galaxy S3. Just a suggestion, the weather app used to have a black, transparent background, now it's changed to blue. I prefer the black personally, as it suits my phone more. Would be a good feature to be able to change the background colour of the weather app.
Data, 3g data,4g data, don't work on nexus 5. All send me into network settings where I have to switch manually. And cellular data mobile never turn off. Pls fix this, I pay this app and now it's useless.
No more boring weather widgets for me! Thanks!
Gives my Galaxy Note 4 a little flair!
I've been using HD widgets for years now. I won't put any other widget on my home screen I think it's that good. But for some odd reason I went to edit the active widget on my screen and after I finished, it crashes the launcher and the widget never gets added. I installed other widgets to see if it was just a problem with the HD Widget, and sure enough, all the other ones work, they're just not a
Everything works perfect, thanks for the regular updates!