10,000,000 - 50,000,000 downloads
- Good-looking minimalistic dock
- LauncherPro widgets and layout
- Endlessly configurable
- Most of the widgets are only available for paid version (but it’s worth)
- Some bugs have been reported regarding the save settings options
- Themes issue could be improved
Unlimited customizing: dock, icons, widgets, app drawer... even themes.
A launcher is an app that basically changes the appearence of the dock, app drawer, widgets and icons of your Android as well as its performance. Since the default Android launcher it is not as attractive and useful as all the users expect to, some “cooked” launchers are coming up. LauncherPro is one of the most interesting. of the Let's see its main features:
Dock: A default minimalist dock with five icons: calls, phonebook, app launcher, messaging and navigator. Nonetheless, you may set the number and the type of icons you want in the dock.
Widgets: Launcher Pro has a list of interesting default widgets: people, bookmarks, calendar, messaging, Twitter & Facebook, Friends and Gmail. All of them have a minimalist designed. It has to be said that most of them are only available in the paid version (LauncherPro Plus, 2.99$).
App drawer: The default app drawer is showed vertical-scrolling. However, it is configurable: you may choose number of columns portrait and landscape. And the newer version includes the Nexus' 3D app drawer (but it is experimental and you have to use it at your own risk).
LauncherPro Settings: number of screens (1-7), transitions effects, grid size, docks, missed calls counter, home button performance, labels, background colors, scrolling speed... among many others. You also may backup/restore your launcher preferences in case you want to wipe.
LauncherPro have been developed by Federico Carnales an individual developer who is really being successful thanks to the only app he has launched into the Android Market.
If you want to change the whole appearance of your Android but you give more importance to its performance (widgets, docks, transitions) instead of colorful themes, this is your launcher.
This app was featured in one of our videoreviews. Watch it here.
- Super-smooth scrolling
- Animated screen previews (like Exposé or HTC Sense)
- Up to 7 home screens
- App drawer (2D and 3D!) with a fly-in effect and smooth scrolling
- Scrollable shortcut dock
For support, please visit our forums.
- NEW Support for icon packs.
- NEW Real homescreen looping (enabled by default, you can disable in Preferences > Appearance Preferences).
- NEW Option to hide homescreen icon label backgrounds.
- Scrolling performance improvements.
- Fixed an issue with 3rd party scrollable widgets on some HTC phones.
- Fixed a visual glitch when using Light caches and the "Flip" transition.
- Fixed hidden apps reappearing when they're updated.
Not friendly. Takes time to learn. I use the stock. Far better. Only 2 stars
I've tried them all and the ease of use on this one, is by far, the best.
No nonsense or silly unwanted frills. LauncherPro let's you get down to one home screen panel, adjust number of icons per row and column, completely eliminate the default shortcuts if you don't want or need them, and much more! I'd been tolerating my terr
Hope good and helping
This app has had no updates for about three years now. How's it Google has not implemented a policy that prevents apps from being allowed to stay on the market without periodic updates. This developer is making bank off customers who have no idea that thi
Developer abandoned = User abandoned..what a shame and a waste of money for the end user