NiLS Notifications Lock Screen
100,000 - 500,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
Samsung users - if you have the talking issue - please refer to FAQ below
The app is designed for Android 4.2 lock screen but works well on Android 4.0/4.1 with WidgetLocker app installed.
Please read FAQ and Installation guide before posting a review.
Bulitin Clock – Android 4.2 styled clock, date and next alarm appears above the notifications list.
Highly customizable – You can change almost anything so it will look exactly as you want – clock size, notification size, text color, background, opacity and many more with an easy to use Appearance settings screen.
Full notification content (Android 4.1+) – Displays full content from expanded notifications, such as SMS sender name, full email body, WhatsApp conversations, etc…
Action Bar – By click the notification icon an action bar is opened allow to clear individual notifications, set up specific settings for an app and pinning notifications.
Persistent Notifications – Allows showing persistent notifications from various apps - such as weather information, calendar events, Any.DO tasks and more above the notifications list.
Multiple appearance presets – You can set different appearance settings when the widget is collapsed, expanded or placed on home screen.
Custom app actions (Android 4.1+) – Reply missed call with SMS, archive Gmail message, share captured pictures and many more actions are available from expanded notification content that provided by the apps and appears as action buttons on the notification action bar..
The app need an accessibility service to be active, so it can capture device incoming notifications. Therefore you’ll need to turn on NiLS service on Android Accessibility Services.
Run the app and follow instructions:
1. Click "Service" and then enable NiLS accessibility service.
2. Click "Widget" and follow instructions how to add NiLS to your lock screen.
3. After the widget is placed - click "Widget" to customize appearance.
If you don’t have Android 4.2 you’ll have to use WidgetLocker lock screen replacement app (paid app unaffiliated with Roymam). See WidgetLocker app description to learn how to use it.
Why does the device start speaking to me after enabling NiLS service?
Samsung phones have a known issue with speak engine that start speaking when accessibility services are enabled. To get rid of it – go the Android Apps settings –> All Apps -> Samsung TTS engine -> Disable.
Samsung S4 Hack Install 3rd part TTS Engine like "Classic Text-to-Speech", DO NOT install any language pack, then change it to be your default TTS engine on Android Device Settings -> Language and Input -> Text-to-speech output
Why do I get a warning saying that this app collects my passwords and credit card numbers?
This is a standard Android warning for every accessibility service, but you have nothing to worry about – this app doesn’t do anything evil, it’s open-source and you can browse the code yourself to see it. It even doesn’t have internet permissions, so it can’t send data anywhere.
Why do the notifications not clear from the status bar when I clear it from the widget?
Unfortunately Android less than 4.3 doesn’t allow apps to clear notifications of other apps.
Have a bug report or feature request? Just find the issue or file a new one here:
Have a question or need help? Contact by email.
If you want to receive early updates you can join this group on Google Plus:
https://plus.google.com/u/1/communities/115156552435983276604 and click "Enable Tester" link.
Tags: nils notification, talk back speak notifications screen lock, whatsapp lockscreen, lockscreen notifier, is nils app safe, nils widget, nils i see the code lock, nils notifications lock screen, lock screen notification widget sony, adding apps to nils notification.
- Added new backup & restore options. this requires new permission for writing & reading from sd card.
- Added new "Smart" notification sync for Android 4.3 - keep history of notifications and still sync it back when cleared.
- When using "Show first/last" on "Multiple Events Handling" with gmail the sender name is appears as the title of the notification instead of "2 new emails"
- Fixed flickering issue.
- Quickly enable/disable apps on App Specific Settings
- Rodrigo V. Downloaded Dec 6, 2013
- Francesco C. Downloaded Nov 17, 2013
- Alireza H. Downloaded Nov 14, 2013
- Nurul H. Downloaded Sep 20, 2013
- FutrCur8rAncientCiv Favorited Aug 24, 2013
- Adityapal33 Downloaded Jun 30, 2013
- Fefetrsd Downloaded Jun 24, 2013
- Kamatham P. Downloaded Jun 16, 2013
- Yavuz S. Downloaded Jun 9, 2013