Update me Smartphone
100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Push notifications when update available
- Shows kernel, plugins and themes updates
- Check ROMs specifications
- Not too many ROMs compatible so far
Update Me allows developers to configure automatic check rom/plugin/theme updates
This way users can enable push notifications for when an update for their rom is launched. There's no way to leave your mobile device outdated with this app. If ROM cooks use "Update Me" as its update notifier you won't miss a single change in your favorite ROMs.
It allows you to check current ROM installed in your device, share your ROM, check for updates, or even donate the ROM maker from this app. This is not just about ROMs, you can look for addons, apps, scripts and plugins. There's also a "Fixes" section from where you can check if a fix for your ROM has been uploaded by the ROM maker. You can install/flash it from the app.
It also shows list of kernel, plugins and themes that can be downloaded and installed in your device. At this moment compatible ROMs with Update Me are: OpenSensation, Brainmaster's CM9 & Black CM9, Spartan ROM, Sensation & XE GhostXSeries and Slim ICS. If you've flashed one of these ROMs lately you'll probably already own this app. However, if you're on one of these ROMs and you're not using Update Me, come and get it, you won't regret.
i have created the app "Update me" for help all rom makers.
With this app you can easily configure a system for automatic check rom update, plugin, theme, ecc.
What makes this application?
- Check for new rom available (works)
- Show list of kernel which can be downloaded, download it and reboot to recovery (works)
- Show list of plugin which can be downloaded, download it and reboot to recovery (works)
- Show list of themes which can be downloaded, download it and reboot to recovery (works)
- Check md5 for download file (works)
- Check new rom on startup (works)
- check new rom every hours (works)
- for all android version > 2
Link for xda thread
How to configure
The program is easily to configure.
in your rom you need only a file named update_me.xml in the system folder.
and 2 other file must to be placed online:
- a file with rom info for check new rom availability
- a file with element for rom.
for info go to xda thread
Supported file host
- direct download file host
- public folder on dropbox, box.net, etc
- OpenSensation http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1494373
- Brainmaster's CM9 & Black CM9 http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1588799
- Spartan Rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1375991
- Sensation & XE GhostXSeries http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1528751
- Slim ICS http://www.slimroms.com
If the app is not compatible with your rom ask to the room maker, it's easy to configure ;D
[add][donated version] Disable push notification
[add] tag in xml or updateme.cwmflipsdcard in build.prop for enable cwm flip sd card for default
- Bala M. Downloaded Aug 30, 2013
- Vijay R. Downloaded Jul 6, 2013
- Shahid Q. Downloaded Jun 2, 2013
- Tpapanikas81_1543251 Downloaded May 30, 2013
- Shahin K. Downloaded May 29, 2013
- Zippo@123 Downloaded May 16, 2013
- Zulfali A. Downloaded May 14, 2013
- ipaldi Downloaded Apr 28, 2013
- papy_cipy Downloaded Apr 17, 2013
Please make my rom compatabile galaxy note 2 1605
But does it support to update the software of xperia mini pro sk17i ..... Becoz one year had passed i am using this phone but no software update is coming though one of my cousine also had the same phone and his one is up to date frm 2.3.4 to 4.0 ...... A
Please rom for karbonn A1+
Hi can you please make my phone compatible. please
Micromax A50 not compatible.