1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Lots of specific Apex options
- Transitions and effects
- Runs smoothly
- Needs more effects
- No themes
Apex Launcher is an alternative launcher for ICS
Actually, regarding appearance, Apex Launcher is quite similar to stock ICS-launcher. However, if you take a look at its guts, you'll find enough reasons to make it your default launcher. Let's focus on them.
Thus, it's set in HOLO-layout, like ICS stock launcher. We realized at first sight that it runs smoothly: transitions between screens, launching app drawer, placing shortcuts on the home screen or launching apps. Everything seems to be boosted.
Besides its enviable performance, its strongest point is that it's high customizable. From Apex settings, you can adjust home screen, drawers, dock, folder, behaviour and advanced parameters at your whim. Likewise, once done you can backup your preset and restore it whenever you want.
Thus, you'll be able to set up to 9 homescreens and a customizable homescreen grid size. Likewise, it includes a customizable scrollable dock with up to 7 icons per page and up to 5 pages. You can set inifinite and elastic scrolling, fancy transitions effects (there are not too many though), hide apps or enable gestures. Actually it brings some interesting gestures like pinch, swipe up/down and double tap on homescreen and icons.
In a nutshell, lots and lots of options: it's even hard to write them all down here (Pro version brings even more options, check them out in its review). We can only recommend you to give a go and see it for yourself. Highly recommendable.
"Fantastic app that has the potential to give your phone a complete makeover. I highly recommend it." - MakeUseOf
"Even after a lot of customization, Apex Launcher feels super fast." - Pocket Now
"We must say it is as smooth as butter." - Droid Life
Five Best Android Launchers - Lifehacker
The 25 Tastiest Apps for Ice Cream Sandwich - PCMag
Must-have apps for the Nexus 7 - ZDNet
• Customizable homescreen grid size and up to 9 homescreens
• Scrollable dock with up to 7 icons per page and up to 5 pages
• Infinite & elastic scrolling (homescreen, drawer and dock)
• Fancy transition effects (tablet, cube, etc.)
• Hide elements as you want (persistent search bar, status bar, or even the dock)
• Customizable icons and labels for shortcuts and folders
• Choose different folder preview styles and background
• Multiple drawer styles (transparent/opaque, horizontal/vertical, paginated/continuous)
• Drawer apps sorting (title, install date, mostly used)
• Hide apps from the drawer
• Lock your desktop to prevent accidental changes
• Enjoy homescreen gestures (pinch, swipe up/down, double tap)
• Advanced theme engine (icon packs, skins, etc.)
• Backup/restore settings and data
• Optimized for both phones and tablets
• Lots of other customization options!
Apex Launcher Pro (Paid Version) Features:
• Powerful drawer customizations (unlimited drawer tabs, folders in drawer)
• Unread count notifications (provided by the free Apex Notifier extension)
• Dock swipe actions (swipe up and down actions)
• More gesture options (two-finger gestures)
• Additional transition effects (accordion, cross, etc.)
• Flexible theme options (ADW, LauncherPro, Go Launcher themes)
• Enhanced folder support (batch add, merge folders)
• Advanced widget options (widgets in dock, overlapping widgets)
• More features on the way!
• Pinch the screen to access screen previews (like Exposé or HTC Sense).
• Long press an icon to drag and drop it over another one to create a folder.
• Long press icons/folders on the desktop and choose edit from the popup menu to customize icons and labels.
• Drag, hover, and drop app icons over the delete button at the top of the screen to quickly uninstall apps.
• Long press an app in the hide apps list to quickly launch that app.
• Switch to single screen wallpaper mode to fix wallpaper zooming issues.
• Enable the Root Helper in advanced settings (root required, Android 4.0 only) to add widgets from the drawer.
• Access widget data: Only used to create and display widgets on the homescreen. (Android 4.1+ only)
• Application information: Used to display warnings when other launchers are running.
• Control vibration/Status Bar/Wallpaper: Standard launcher functions.
• Network communication: Used for anonymous usage/error reporting (optional).
• Phone calls: Used when you create direct-dial shortcuts on the homescreen.
• Storage: Used to backup/restore settings and desktop data.
• Superuser: Required to add widgets from the drawer (Android 4.0 only).
Love Apex Launcher? Rate us on Google Play. We’re always trying to make Apex Launcher better. If you have questions or suggestions, please share them with us!
* Merged changes from Android 4.3
* Fixed FC bug on Nexus 7
* Various bugfixes and improvements
* Updated translations
* Fixed search bar style in Android 4.3
* Fixed folder label alignment issue
* Updated translations
* Fixed drawer folder bug
* Ongoing notification when keep in memory is enabled (Android 4.3)
* Fixed FC on Android 4.3
* Various bugfixes
* Transparent status bar for Galaxy S4
* Improved theme support
* Misc fixes and optimizations
Been using this launcher since I got my phone and I must say that this is a great one. I've tried Nova, Touchwiz, and Go Launcher and have not been satisfied. The gestures let me tailor it to my everyday uses, and overall I am very happy with it. Would d
Great but make a kitkat layout
Using it for like over a month now n got no complains.. ppl around are loving my phn.. just hope u guys come wid something for the lock screen too.. keep up the good work.. :-)
Almost perfect for me except option for full screen app drawer (ability to hide all tabs). Light weight, smooth, fast. And transparent status bar.
Nice app but I'll give it 5 star very smooth and overall the best app
I love apex launcher. I have actually purchased the premium one. It's almost perfect but you barely update your app. We also want to see kitkat features just like what nova launcher did.
Love it! Even the free version does a great job. So I was going to buy it but now I'm on kitkat and waiting for the devs to update.. Thx btw