Find out the latest news about “Everton FC” with Everton Fan Club app! Be the first one to find out the latest gossip from Goodison Park and find out everything about The Toffees!
- Best source for the latest Everton News, transfer news and transfer rumors!
- Find out everything about your favorite football club: players list and positions, club history and trophies, transfers and loans!
- Read players’ biographies and discover everything about the best players in the team!
- Live football scores, schedule, fixtures & results, and Premier League table!
- Everton Transfer News, gossip!
- Soccer Results and Premiere League Fixtures
- Perfect Everton app for the fans of The Blues!
- Coming soon – Everton Fan Talk and Everton Wallpapers update!
- Everton FC Players: Tony Hibbert, Leighton Baines, Phill Neville, Marouane Fellaini, Phil Jageilka, Nikica Jelavic, Pienaar….
- Everton Stats and Premier league statistics
Everton Football Club are an English professional association football club from the city of Liverpool. The club competes in the Premier League, the highest level of English football. They have competed in the top division for a record 108 seasons, they have played more top-flight league games than any other English team and have won the League Championship nine times—the fourth most of any team. Everton have remained in the top division since 1954, and were founding members of the Premier League in 1992.
Everton's attractive style of play led to Steve Bloomer calling the team ‘scientific’ in 1928, which is thought to have inspired the nickname ‘The School of Science’.
Formed in 1878, Everton were founding members of The Football League in 1888 and won their first league championship two seasons later. Following four league titles and two FA Cup wins, Everton experienced a lull in the immediate post World War Two period until a revival in the 1960s, which saw the club win two league championships and an FA Cup. The mid-1980s represented their most recent period of success, with two League Championship successes, an FA Cup, and the 1985 European Cup Winners' Cup—their first continental trophy. The club's most recent major trophy was the 1995 FA Cup. The club's supporters are known as Evertonians. Everton have a large fanbase and regularly attract high attendances, averaging over 36,000 people per game: 95% of stadium capacity. Everton have a notable rivalry with neighbors Liverpool F.C. and the two sides regularly contest the Merseyside Derby. Liverpool F.C. were formed in 1892 by a breakaway group consisting of Everton's former president and a few players. The dispute also resulted in Everton leaving Anfield, their home ground at the time. The club have been based at their current home ground, Goodison Park, since 1892. Plans to move to a new 50,000 seater expandable stadium in Kirkby on the Liverpool city border were blocked by a public enquiry in 2009.
The club's home colors have traditionally been royal blue and white, since the 1901–02 season. Their most famous player is Dixie Dean, who scored a record 60 league goals in the 1927–28 season. Since 2000, the club has annually recognized notable former players, nominating an ‘Everton Giant’ at the beginning of each season.
Everton's biggest rivalry is with neighbors Liverpool, against whom they contest the Merseyside derby. The Merseyside derby is usually a sellout fixture, and has been known as the ‘friendly derby’ because both sets of fans can often been seen side by side red and blue inside the stadium both at Anfield and Goodison Park. The match is largely regarded as England's biggest domestic derby match.
Tags: estilo de juego everton