FTL Launcher Lite
100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Smooth performance
- Ease of use
- Full version is paid
- 480x800 devices
- Poor regarding options
+ By Lowveld
FTL Launcher Lite is one of the lightest and fastest launcher on the market
FTL Launcher will be a great discovery for those who don't want to rack their brains with customization and millions of settings and what they're looking for is a fast and light launcher. Of course, don't expect to find here lots of themes, icons, effects and all that stuff that other launchers include. This is a naked launcher able to reach the speed of light and sound.
FTL is based on Gingerbread Launcher2 (it really looks like it, including 3D Cube app drawer). It has been tweaked for extreme speed regarding launching and scrolling app drawer, swiping screens and launching apps. Its performance is impressive. However, its preferences lack of lots of important options. It just allows you to set infinite looping of homescreens, auto-rotation, enable/disable scrollable widgets and dock background. What's more, it allows to set maximum 5 screens in the Lite version (up to 9 in the paid version).
Precisely this is one of its catches: this launcher is basically paid ($1.99). Although the Lite version let's you trial its performance, the basic options are available only in the paid version. The other flaw is that it only supports HDPI WVGA (480x800) devices.
Besides these catches, we recommend you to give it a go since its smoothness is actually noticeable.
Make no mistake, this is the fastest launcher you'll ever run. Small, light, configurable. The Gingerbread launcher as it should have been. No useless stuff, no compromises. Performance and usability are the driving forces here.
On version 3.0, most of the limitations on the Lite versions 2.x.x were removed. 3.0 Lite users have almost the full 2.x.x Pro specifications. 3.0 Pro users have a all new game to play now: The Pro version can use existing ADW, GoLauncher and LauncherPro Icon and Dock themes, giving FTL and unprecedented array of possible theming. You can even mix Dock and Icon themes from different launchers. Google Play is yours for the take.
This Lite version still has some of the configurable options pre-loaded that cannot be changed. A lot more stuff is configurable on the full version, check the Pro Version Extras feature list below. Performance or user experience are in no way impaired on the Lite version.
Important: FTL supports all resolutions and ICS, but only 800x480, 854x480, 960x540 and 480x320 devices have 3D drawer enabled! Also ICS has no 3D drawer because it does not contain the "old" opengl interface. But as it is natively accelerated anyway, 2D drawer should be very fast.
Lite Version Features:
- Tweaked for extreme speed and smoothness
- Fully accelerated 3D Waterfall app drawer
- Option to use "normal" 2D app drawer
- Choice between 3 and 5 icon Dock
- Configurable Support for launcher auto-rotation
- Configurable Infinite looping of homescreens
- Configurable support for scrollable widgets
- Configurable number of homescreens: from 1 to 9
- Configurable bounce effect on homescreen transitions
- Configurable wallpaper scrolling
- Configurable transition speed of homescreens
- Configurable default homescreen
- Configurable "swipe up" to one of the following:
*show homescreen previews
*open app drawer
*hide status bar
*show and hide status bar
*open and close dock bar
- Configurable Homescreen grid: From 4 to 6 rows
Pro Version Extras:
- Theming support: The Pro version can use existing ADW, GoLauncher and LauncherPro Icon and Dock themes, giving FTL and unprecedented array of possible theming.
- Configurable support for resizeable widgets: only when adding them to the homescreen, you cannot edit them later.
- Configurable Homescreen grid: From 4 to 6 rows, and 4 to 6 columns
- Configurable Dock icons size
- Configurable "swipe down" to pull notification bar
- Includes anim speed: precise control over core Android windows/transition animation speed
- On first boot, homescreens will be empty. Long-press anywhere and start adding stuff!
- You can add/change the shortcuts on the dock bar: Long-press the place you want, and wait for the a popup to show, allowing you to choose what activity you want there.
- You can uninstall apps directly from the homescreen: long press the shortcut (even in the app drawer), drag it to the trash can that appears where the dock was. If you drop it immediately FTL will only remove the shortcut, but if you wait a bit before droping, FTL will offer to uninstall the app.
Try it, you won't regret it!
- Android Jellybean 4.2.X bugfix
- Small optimizations
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
It cant satisfied me :(
Wirst gingerbread launcher ever
Its simply based on AOSP launcher... Only the homescreens are different... They to seems to be copied from HTC sense UI.... Bullshit...