Martini HD Wallpaper
500 - 1,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
This application contains only high quality images and allows you to set them on your background or download high-resolution image to your device.
- Only high-resolution images;
- Only the best, bright images;
- New pictures every week.
Please review this app - it will allow us to improve the app for you!
Martini Glass Trivia and Fun Facts
Here are some trivia and fun facts about Martini glasses that you may not know. Share this with friends and family whilst enjoying Martini cocktails. It will certainly add pizazz to a fun-filled evening.
1. The name Martini was derived from the city of Martinez, California circa 1887.
2. Early manuals for mixing cocktails in the latter part of 1800s suggest that a Martinez cocktail is made out of sweet Vermouth, gin, bitters and topped with a cherry instead of an olive.
3. The first official mention of Martini was in The New and Improved Illustrated Bartending Manual in 1888.
4. The slim stem of a Martini glass was designed in such a way so that your hand would not come in direct contact with the bowl containing the liquids.
5. If your hand comes in contact with the contents inside (via the Martini bowl), the warmth radiated will destroy the drink's flavor and render it flat.
6. The Martini drink has along the years, become a symbol for elegant nightlife in general; this is why many American bars frequently display photographs of the conical-shaped glass for Martinis with an olive oil on their signage.
7. Sales of Martini glasses hit the roof after the drink was popularized in James Bond movies. The term "shaken not stirred" became an enduring catch phrase.
8. It is said that prominent figures like Frank Sinatra, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Alfred Hitchcock, Winston Churchill and F, Scott Fitzgerald drank their Martinis from classic Martini glasses.
9. The ample open top of the Martini glass is claimed to construct surface tension that conveys the bouquet of the gin and fashion an elegant exhibit for the olive garnish than a typical cocktail glass.
10. Ever wondered about the cone shape of a Martini glass? This is to keep the drink's ingredients from separating.
11. Many believe that the Martini glass was invented during the Prohibition era; the wide cavity of the glass made it effortless to dispose of the banned alcohol during a police incursion.
12. Even from the Martini glass's early days, its characteristic shape was meant to be both functional and visually alluring.
13. The Martini glass is the most well known type amongst all cocktail glasses.
These pictures are high resolution (HD Wallpapers) look great on android devices with any screen resolution (480x854, 960x540, 1280x720, 480x800, 1280x800, 480x320).
- 20 new of Martini HD wallpapers were added;
- Reduced weight application;
- Improved user interface;
- Share with friends feature;
- List of other interesting HD wallpapers applications feature.