by: Google LLC • 507.4K
Messenger (and this is not Facebook Messenger) is a new Google app that gathers together all the SMS sent and received by you and your family and friends.
So does this mean that Hangouts won't be collecting SMS any more? It seems like it.
The app simply allows you to write SMS, send pictures, videos and audio messages and hear from those who might not have an smartphone and are still using our beloved SMS.
High usability and ease of use are necessary and Messenger doesn't disappoint. However, most people don't use SMS any more, so was it really necessary?
Google Inc. is the creator of this application. Don't forget to block all those numbers who have been bothering you.
by Ana , Appszoom
Nov 17, 2014
Android Messages makes it easy to communicate with anyone by using SMS, MMS, and more. Stay in touch with friends and family, send group texts, and share your favorite pictures, videos, audio messages.
• Faster sharing: Select or take pictures and videos directly from the app and share easily. You can even send audio messages to your contacts.
• Easy search: Search through contacts and conversation threads to find exactly what you are looking for.
• Purposeful design: A colorful, intuitive design makes communicating faster and more fun.
• More control: Block people you don’t want to hear from, and archive messages. No interruptions when you don’t want them!
• Express yourself: Send audio messages, emoji, stickers, or your location.
• Enhanced features: On supported carriers, you can send messages over Wi-Fi or your data network, see when friends have read your message, and more.
Android Messages is supported on devices running Android 4.4, KitKat, and above.