AutoMate - Car Dashboard
by: BitSpice • 4K
AutoMate looks to bring the form and functionality needed for your ride. Rather than have to use your hands, let AutoMate bring commonly used services to you, through the power of voice. With a number of voice-activated functions, your ride will be smooth and safe.
It's a unique concept with plenty of potential. The user interface is designed well with easily navigable menus and clear options and buttons. Hands free replying is very useful for the chatty driver. It loads up quickly and seems to perform well.
The camera alerts seem to be a little twitchy, going off when they shouldn't. The street names on the map should be a bit larger and easier to read. Add zoom to the map to fix this. Some of the best features are locked up in the premium version.
Jan 15, 2016
AutoMate makes common services available to while you're driving. With AutoMate, you get the right information at the right time, so you can focus on the road.
• Maps – Search for directions and launch your favorite navigation app for turn-by-turn directions.
• Places – Search for nearby places such as gas stations and restaurants, with one click.
• Phone – Call your favorite contacts, see call log, and easily dial a number
• Messaging – Send and reply to SMS messages, hands free replying available for many popular messaging apps
• Voice – Take control of the app through voice commands for navigation, music, and more
• Contextual Information - Receive weather updates, see recent searches, receive speed limit alerts, and more
• Media Control – Control many popular media apps using buttons or gestures
• Shortcuts – Keep your favorite apps and Android shortcuts at your fingertips. Includes quick settings toggles.
• Data – View real-time engine data from an OBDII adapter with Torque integration.
• Set AutoMate as a launcher while it is running
• Hands free gestures! Wave your hand over the device to perform different actions
• Traffic camera alerts, never get a red light or speed camera ticket again!
• Customize wallpapers for day and night themes
• Startup options to make AutoMate even more effortless to use
• About: http://www.bitspice.net/automate/
• FAQ: http://www.bitspice.net/automate/faq.html
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/communities/102908788212710276577
• Join the beta: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.bitspice.automate
AutoMate is powered by PathSense: https://pathsense.com/
• This app uses the Device Administrator permission. It is used to automatically lock the screen, if that option is enabled. Otherwise, we do not request this permission.
• This app uses Accessibility services. We request this permission on devices older than Android 4.4 to mirror certain notifications on AutoMate's home screen.
• Other permissions used explained in more detail here: http://www.bitspice.net/automate/faq.html#question-permissions-explained