Ballroom Competition Trainer
by: Krogholm IT • 38
Ballroom Competition Trainer is a valuable tool for the dedicated Ballroom Dancer, who wishes to prepare for e.g. a competition final in the most realistic musical settings.
Without Ballroom Competition Trainer, preparing the proper music for training sessions can be difficult and tedious. You may be spending a lot of time in various music editing applications, trimming your songs to a given duration, and afterwards arranging them in a fixed playlist.
Worst of all: This means that you will often end up practicing to the same songs in the same order session after session. This again means that you will not be trained for a competition setting in which you don't know what music will be played.
Furthermore, this approach is inflexible. Imagine that for one session you might like to dance 1:30 minutes of each dance, but for the next session you would like to dance 2:00 minutes. You would probably need to redo the entire music editing procedure to construct a new playlist.
Ballroom Competition Trainer is completely on-the-fly configurable, and eliminates all these downsides of having to prepare your music.
App features include:
- 6 pre-defined sessions (Standard WDSF/WDC, Latin WDSF/WDC, Smooth and Rhythm)
- 31 pre-defined templates (29 dances, 1 generic pause and 1 generic interval)
- Create your own templates to use as building blocks for your custom training sessions
- Create your own custom sequence of dances, pauses and intervals
- Specify common durations for the steps in your sequence, or assign individual durations to each dance, pause or interval step (optionally with randomization)
- Choose the desired number of heats for your training session
- Repeat your sequence any number of times (e.g. for endurance training)
- Assign playlists, albums, genres, songs or folders from your media library to each of your dances, pauses and intervals (e.g. audience applause or dance announcements during pauses)
- Random selection of songs for each step (no two training sessions will be the same)
- Apply tempo ranges (MPM or BPM) to restrict the number of valid songs for individual dances or intervals (e.g only play Quicksteps at 52 MPM)
- Tempo adjustment of songs (either automatic within user-configured tolerances, or on-the-fly during your training session)
- Session Readout for full control over your training session while it is being played
- Detailed logging of all performed training sessions
- In-app instructions, helping you through the initial app configuration
- Backup and restore your app data via Google Drive.
Once you have configured playlists, songs or genres for each of your dances, all of the above features can be controlled on an ad-hoc basis, and adjusted within seconds during your training sessions. This enables you to focus on perfecting your dancing skills, rather than acting as a DJ.