BlueFire for Trucks
by: BlueFire LLC • 2
BlueFire for Trucks connects to your truck via the BlueFire Data Adapter that plugs into the 9 pin or 6 pin Deutsch diagnostic port of your truck. The Adapter sends J1939 and J1708 truck information to the App via Bluetooth.The Adapter and the App support Class 3 through 8 heavy duty trucks. The Adapter is available for purchase from Amazon.
The BlueFire for Trucks app is free and you can download it and run in Demo mode without the Adapter. This gives you an opportunity to get a feel for the functionality that it offers.
A summary of the features the App has is given below:
- Trip Recording - Record information about your trip to compare performance with previous trips.
- Fuel Economy - Shows information to help you get more value from your driving.
- Truck Repair - Shows a multitude of truck information that can help determine the cause of a problem and then help you repair your truck.
- Fault Diagnostics - Shows any and all faults (active and in-active) along with information to help repair them. Allows you to reset the faults after your have repaired them.
- Truck Information - Shows the VIN, make, model, and serial number of the truck, engine, brakes, and transmission.
- Data Logging - Allows you to log truck data at a set interval and saves the data in a .csv file for later analysis.
- Remote Diagnostics - Allows a home or office computer to connect to the BlueFIre for Trucks App and perform the same app functions you can do in your truck. This feature is still in Beta and will be available in Q2 2015
There is also an Open Source API that is available to Android developers. More information is on our website at http://bluefire-llc.com.