Cardio Exercise Prescription
by: FitnessHelper • 7
- Get your accurate cardio rating and find appropriate exercise intensity.
- This application predicts your optimal exercise heart rate to improve cardiovascular fitness.
- Record your exercise duration and average heart rate for progress check and reevaluation.
- Health centers with exercise test equipment can conduct Bruce Protocol with treadmill to measure VO2 and VCO2 consumption at Phase 1 and Phase 2. With that information, this app will evaluate the maximum oxygen intake and cardio rating. Then, it will provide the customized heart rate zone for appropriate exercise intensity. Individuals can plug in their weight, age, height, and gender if they cannot take the sub-maximal exercise test.
- Estimation is calculated with data from 975 sample group.
- VO2max (maximum oxygen 1 kg of body weight can consume for 1 min) has been the indicator for exercise intensity. This application converts this confusing measure to heart rate for practical application.
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) recommends exercise intensity between 40 and 85% VO2max. This application divided it to 5 levels. It provides you with specific rating and intensity level in heart rate.
- Research project funded by Korean Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism.