Carousel - Dropbox Photos
by: Dropbox, Inc. • 63.7K
It's happening in the cloud... or haven't you heard?
Cloud isn't anymore just for storage. Dropbox wants you to live and rely on the cloud. Carousel app goes toward that goal. A gallery that connects to your Dropbox accounts and lets you visualize the photos and images you have stored up there set in a scrollable timeline.
You can share any photo or full events from your timeline with other Dropbox's users and through any of the apps installed on your mobile device. Likewise, you can save to your Dropbox any photo/events other friends share with you. Both you and your friends can comment on shared events as it were a status posted on a social network.
Actually, you can set a profile pic, mark some photos as hidden and set notifications preferences.
That's basically what you can do with Carousel. A simple app which helps you see and organize your photos on Dropbox. If you are a dedicated user of the cloud-storage service, you should give it a go.
by Manu , Appszoom
May 06, 2014
* Carousel is shutting down March 31 and we’re returning to a single Dropbox photos experience. To back up, view, and share the photos stored in your Dropbox, please download the Dropbox app. *
Keeping track of your photos can be tough. Carousel lets you view all the photos and videos from your phone and Dropbox in one place, organizes them automatically, and backs them up to Dropbox.
Carousel even helps you free up space on your phone. Once photos are safely backed up to Dropbox, Carousel can remove them from your local storage, making sure you don’t run out of space on your phone or tablet.
Reasons you’ll love Carousel:
● Have photos and videos spread across your phone and Dropbox? Browse everything in single gallery that’s automatically organized into events.
● Keep all your photos with you without running out of space. Photos and videos in Dropbox are viewable from your phone, but take up almost none of your phone’s local storage!
● Automatically back up your photos and videos to Dropbox — your memories will stay safe even if you lose your phone or your hard drive crashes.
● Share a day’s worth of photos as quickly as one. Never deal with the hassle of emailing photos again. Recipients can view your photos even if they don't have the Carousel app.
● Share however you want. Send photos privately to family and friends or post photos directly from Carousel to Facebook, Twitter, email, SMS, and more.
● Relive old memories. Carousel's Flashback feature helps you rediscover photos you’ve forgotten about by showing you weekly highlights of some of your best photos from past years.