SC Prado - Masterpieces
The Second Canvas Museo del Prado – Masterpieces app allows you to examine the Museo del Prado 14 masterpieces like never before. These 14 masterpieces play a major role in the history of universal painting. They are available in Gigapixel format (ultra HD) and high resolution to explore each of them and discover stories about its characters, the techniques used by the painters and some of the hidden details in the paintings. Includes around 60 other related pieces of art, as well as an explanatory document for each oeuvre, audio guides and sign guides.
Surf, learn, discover, enjoy, teach and share your experience with your friends, relatives or classmates. The app is a perfect tool for teachers wanting to bring their students close to art.
Created by the Museo del Prado and Madpixel, Second Canvas Museo del Prado - Masterpieces, allows you to explore the 14 masterpieces from the museum’s collection, including Las Meninas by Velázquez, The Garden of Earthly Delights by Bosch and Self-Portrait by Dürer, in ultra-high resolution. You can also interact with them, choose your favorite detail and share it with your friends on social networks.
Works available in SC Museo del Prado - Masterpieces:
• The Third of May, 1808 in Madrid. Francisco de Goya
• Jacob’s Dream. José de Ribera
• Las Meninas or The Family of Philip IV. Diego Velázquez
• The Nobleman with his Hand on his Chest. El Greco
• Crucifixion. Juan de Flandes
• The Annunciation. Fra Angelico
• The Cardinal. Raphael
• Equestrian Portrait of Charles V at Mühlberg. Titian
• Immaculate Conception. Giovanni Battista Tiepolo
• Descent from the Cross. Roger van der Weyden
• The Garden of Earthly Delights. Hieronymus Bosch
• The Three Graces. Peter Paul Rubens
• Judith at the Banquet of Holofernes. Rembrandt
You have also available the Prado’s copy of the Mona Lisa, by the workshop of Leonardo da Vinci, as in-app purchase.
• Extra material for each masterpiece, links to additional information, audioguide and sign language guide.
• Super-zoom to discover hidden details.
• X-ray and ultraviolet vision to see the drawing under the painting for featured works.
• Discover amazing stories about each painting, detail by detail.
• Tell your own stories on social networks, selecting the details you want to share in ultra-high resolution.
• Connect your iPad/iPhone to your TV at home (via AirPlay, AppleTV or cable) or projector at school to see the masterpieces in full screen while interacting with your touch device.
• Twitter integration allows you to read the opinions of other users within the app itself, which is why each masterpiece has its own hashtag.
• Share your experience, with images, on social networks and by email.
• Download the details with their stories so they can be accessed even when you’re offline or in airplane mode.
• Over 60 related works in HD that places each painting within its historical context and in relation to other works by the artist and his contemporaries.
For the first time ever new Bosch masterpieces can be seen in Gigapixel resolution. These paintings are available in the app Second Canvas Museo del Prado - Bosch:
• The Adoration of the Magi Triptych
• The Adoration of the Magi Triptych (closed): The Mass of Saint Gregory
• Table of the Seven Deadly Sins
• The Haywain Triptych
• The Haywain Triptych (closed): The Pilgrimage of Life
• The Garden of Earthly Delights Triptych (closed): The Third Day of Creation
• The Garden of Earthly Delights Triptych (already included in SC Museo del Prado - Masterpieces)
We hope you enjoy Second Canvas Museo del Prado - Masterpieces. Tell us about your experience with the app and help us improve by emailing us at: SCPrado@secondcanvas.net
For more information about Second Canvas: www.secondcanvas.net www.museodelprado.es
NIPO - 037-16-063-8
of the images, Museo Nacional del Prado.
of the texts, their authors and MNPD.
of Second Canvas platform and its apps, Madpixel.