by: HKUST Wherami • 16
Wherami is an indoor localization system developed by the faculty, staff and students in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST). The R&D work of its innovative and highly accurate positioning technologies has received extensive support from the Hong Kong Government and industry. Wherami is a pilot application for users in the HKUST campus.
Wherami for HKUST provides the following functions:
- Real-time position estimation
- Real-time navigation with best path selection
- Search for nearby facilities such as classrooms, lifts, etc.
- Search for course information and navigation to the classrooms
- Class events for today in your proximity
Wherami for HKUST currently covers the HKUST Academic Building only. It will guide you smoothly step-by-step through the complex building structure from LG7 to 7/F, even if it is your first visit to HKUST! With Wherami, you will no longer be lost in finding the lift numbers for your rooms, confused by the winding maze of corridors --- all you need is to turn on the Wi-Fi of your phone and follow the guidance of the app! Enjoy HKUST!