Dikke Van Dale
by: Van Dale Uitgevers • 15
This 15th edition of the ‘Van Dale Great Dictionary of the Dutch language’ offers access to the riches of the Dutch language.
Van Dale’s showpiece gained weight considerably, adding 18,000 new head words and thousands of new meanings, examples, expressions and quotations – everything in the official Dutch spelling. In-depth texts with usefull facts add even more profundity and illustrations clarify 500 complicated words.
Making use of the extensive search options, you will be able to find even the smallest details. To top it all off, Van Dale has added 80,000 compound nouns and conjugations for all of the verbs.
Get the most out of this treasure chest of the Dutch language by using the clever functionalities:
• Type, paste, write or dictate your word: all entry methods are available to you. We will continue the search when you tap on a word in an entry.
• This dictionary contains approximately 242,000 entries, 327,000 meanings and 140,000 examples.
• Including elaborate information, such as synonyms, example sentences and extra in-depth texts.
• Use the Word Trainer for learning the language. Select words from the dictionary to test yourself.
• With word games: hangman, guess the word, guess the picture.
• Get a daily word with ‘Word of the day’.
• While you are typing words, the best matches are already shown. This way, you often don’t need to type an entire word.
• Turn the dictionary inside out: do a full-text search to find words and examples in entries as well.
• Uncertain about how a word is written? Typing wrongly spelled words is not a problem. We will also find words that are similar to the one you have typed.
• Fill in a inflected form of a word and we’ll show you the corresponding head word. You will also find practical schedules with the conjugations of verbs.
• Use wildcards instead of letters or search for anagrams. This way, you can search with even more results and you have a useful aid for puzzles and word games.
• Go into detail: find specific words within an article.
• Your search history is saved (and can be deleted easily!)
• Adjust the font size according to your own taste and use pinch to zoom within articles.
• Would you like to keep your find? Simply put words in your own favourites list.
• An internet connection is not required to use this app, so no hidden costs.
• Please note that this dictionary has a Dutch interface.
We regularly perform technical updates. This way, bugs are eliminated and new possibilities are added. Do you have suggestions or do you have ideas to improve this app? Please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Compliments are also gladly received. A positive review in the Play Store means the world to us!
Van Dale Uitgevers is the leading and most authoritative publisher of dictionaries in the Netherlands and Belgium. Van Dale produces a wide and varied offering of dozens of language–related titles for effective language user support. With precision and respect, Van Dale describes language as thoroughly as possible, and not only Dutch, but foreign languages too.