Drivemode: Smart Driving Display
by: Drivemode, Inc. • 20K
Using Google’s beautiful, minimalist material design a well as voice narration, Drivemode - Driving Interface lets you answer important phone calls, have incoming messages read to you, and listen to your favorite tunes on Google Music or Spotify while you’re behind the wheel, all without interrupting your GPS navigation. If you have Bluetooth in your car, you can turn on Drive Mode automatically. This app also recommends destinations from your text messages or your contacts, a useful feature which lets you get to your destination right away without having to take your eyes off the road.
Drivemode is surprisingly lightweight, taking up few of your system’s resources. It also runs like a charm, with a simple yet elegant interface. It’s also completely free to try out.
The music player option is surprisingly limited, and only supports few music players. You can’t search for a direction from Drivemode, instead being limited to addresses you already know or have in your text messages.
Sep 18, 2015
Drivemode simplifies how you use your phone while driving. With a streamlined interface to safely access your favorite applications, Drivemode’s voice-enabled commands and large buttons let you to focus on driving.
Use voice-control, a broad swipe, or a single tap and move seamlessly between applications.
- Reply to a message or text using voice commands
- Overlay your favorite music player on top of a navigation app
- Ignore calls or messages in “Do Not Disturb” mode
- Set up text message auto-replies
- Automatically launch and close with Bluetooth pairing
- Configure to automatically launch when you start driving
- View your driving history
- Get personalized recommendations over time based on your activities, calendar, and favorite places
Drivemode’s simple interface can integrate many of your favorite apps, including:
- Navigation apps like Google, Waze, HERE Maps
- Music apps like Pandora, Spotify, Google Play Music, Player.fm, Poweramp
- Messaging apps like SMS, Facebook Messenger, Slack, WhatsApp
- Google Now and Google Assistant
Use Drivemode to easily upgrade your current car to a smarter car, for rental or loaner cars, and keep your preferences consistent from vehicle to vehicle. Commuters, professional or part-time drivers, car-sharers, and road-trippers can all make Drivemode part of a better, safer driving experience.
Drivemode is an automotive-grade interface designed and developed to adhere to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration safety guidelines for driving apps. Please note that Drivemode requires comprehensive permissions to access apps and integrate them into a single interface. Drivemode may store information about installed apps to provide recommendations and save settings between devices.
Join our Google+ Community to share feedback or ask questions: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/101530293008408875874