Eloquence Text To Speech
by: Code Factory • 397
ETI-Eloquence Text To Speech (TTS) is an Android ported version of the popular Eloquence Text-To-Speech synthesizer.
ETI-Eloquence is a TTS engine that you can use in a wide range of applications such as:
- Screen readers and applications for blind people (like Talkback or Mobile Accessibility)
- GPS software
- E-book readers
- And many more!
*** IMPORTANT NOTE ***
- Recent Google apps updates force using their own voices. Apps like Google Maps or Google Now, ignore text-to-speech settings, only allowing Google TTS. This decision from Google has been strongly discouraged by the Android community but as for now, we cannot ensure compatibility for this apps. As an alternative for Google Maps, you can use ETI-Eloquence on other GPS apps like "Navigator" or "Sygic", that are compatible with Google Speech APIs.
The main features of ETI-Eloquence TTS are:
- 10 languages included with a single purchase: US English, UK English, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Mexico), German, Finnish (Finland), French (France), French (Canada), Italian and Portuguese (Brazil)
- Speed and pitch configuration
- User Dictionary: possibility to add, edit or remove words from a dictionary to customize the pronunciation
- Emoji support
Once the application is installed on your device, you can make ETI-Eloquence your default TTS engine by going to Settings > Language & input > Text-to-Speech output and checking "ETI-Eloquence TTS" as your default preferred engine.
All Android devices from 4.0 onwards are supported.