Google I/O 2018
by: Google LLC • 22.2K
Google I/O is Google's annual event which focuses on software development. The event usually announces a load of the innovations and trends that are expected to be important over the coming year. It's also when Google tends to reveal the most important products they've been working on.
The official Google I/O app makes it easier for us to keep up with the lectures and seminars held throughout the weekend at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. So, you'll be able to watch live, via streaming, the main keynotes, but also note down the ones you're keen on in your own calendar on the app, get notifications about when they are going to take place and read news articles and opinions related to each conference. If you missed one of them, you can find the full videos here too, once they've finished.
The design and smoothness of the app are just great. It reminds us, somehow, of the Google Play app, with Material Design included and its browsing focused on the side burger menu. The quantity and quality of the content is a real treat for any technophile too. The categorization of the topics by interest also works really well.
Logging in with a Google account is necessary. And we'd like to see more of a social integration.
by Manu , Appszoom
May 25, 2015
The official Google I/O 2018 conference app is your co-pilot to navigate the conference, whether you're attending in-person or remotely. With the app, you can:
• Explore the conference schedule, with details on topics and speakers
• Save events to Schedule, your personalized schedule
• Get reminders before events you've saved in Schedule start
• Sync your custom schedule between all of your devices and the I/O website
• Guide yourself using the vector-based conference map
• Opt-in to receive important notifications about the event, schedule, travel, after hours, session recordings and more
Exclusive for onsite attendees:
• Take advantage of facilitated pre-event WiFi configuration
• Reserve seats for events ahead of schedule
Source code for the app will be available soon after I/O.