Heat and Mass Transfer
by: Engineering Apps • 179
The app is a complete free handbook of Intermediate Heat and Mass Transfer which covers important topics, notes, materials & news on the course. Download the App as a reference material & digital book for Mechanical engineering programs & degree courses.
This useful App lists 145 topics with detailed notes, diagrams, equations, formulas & course material, the topics are listed in 5 chapters. The app is must have for all the engineering science students & professionals.
The app provides quick revision and reference to the important topics like a detailed flash card notes, it makes it easy & useful for the student or a professional to cover the course syllabus quickly just before an exams or job interviews.
Also get the hottest international engineering & technology news on your app powered by Google news feeds. We have customised it so that you get regular updates on subject from international/national colleges, universities, research, industry, applications, engineering, tech, articles & innovation.
This is the best application to remain updated on your fav. subject.
Use this useful engineering app as your education tool, utility, tutorial, book, a reference guide for syllabus and explore study course material, aptitude tests & project work.
Track your learning, set reminders, edit, add favourite topics, share the topics on social media.
Some of the topics Covered in the app are:
1. Concept of mechanism of heat flow
5. Relationship to the first law of thermodynamics
6. Conservation of total energy
7. The surface energy balance
8. Relationship to the second law of thermodynamics and the efficiency of heat engines
9. Units and dimensions
10. Analysis of heat transfer problems: methodology
11. Introduction to conduction
12. The conduction rate equation
13. The thermal properties of matter
14. The thermal properties of the solid state
15. The solid state: micro- and nano-scale effects
16. The fluid state
17. Other relevant properties
18. The heat diffusion equation
19. Cylindrical coordinates
20. Micro scale effects
21. Boundary and initial conditions
22. Steady state one-dimensional heat conduction
23. Plane wall
24. Thermal resistance
25. The composite wall
26. Contact resistance
27. Porous media
28. An alternative conduction analysis
29. Radial systems in cylinder
30. Radial system in sphere
31. Conduction with thermal energy generation
32. Heat transfer from extended surfaces
33. A general conduction analysis
34. Fins of uniform cross-sectional area
35. Fin performance
36. Fins of non-uniform cross-sectional area
37. Efficiency of common fin shapes
38. Overall surface efficiency
39. The bio-heat equation
40. Thermoelectric power generation
41. Conduction through thin gas layers
42. Alternative approaches
43. The conduction shape factor and the dimensionless conduction heat rate
44. Conduction shape factors and dimensionless conduction heat rates for selected systems
45. Finite-difference equations
46. Finite-difference form of the heat equation
47. The energy balance method
48. Formulation of the finite-difference equation
49. Nodal finite-difference equations
50. Formulation as a matrix equation
51. Verifying the accuracy of the solution
52. Transient conduction
53. The lumped capacitance method
54. Validity of the lumped capacitance method
55. General lumped capacitance analysis
56. Radiation only in transient conduction
57. Negligible radiation in transient conduction
58. Convection only with variable convection coefficient
59. The plane wall with convection (exact solution)
60. The plane wall with convection (approximate solution)
Each topic is complete with diagrams, equations and other forms of graphical representations for better learning and quick understanding.
Intermediate Heat and Mass Transfer is part of Mechanical engineering education courses and technology degree programs of various universities.