by: NEC Corporation of America • 2
Businesses have many ways to communicate for operational effectiveness, cost savings and customer care. Walkie-talkies were a nearly answer of group communication; which got replaced with advances in technology that included instant messaging, text messaging, unified communications, and collaboration applications as ways to perform group communications.
Businesses moved away from PTT to reduce cost by using infrastructure for mobile communications and giving voice, instant messaging, and video capabilities to mobile professionals. However, truly mobile professionals require easy to use, ubiquitous technology that can continue to drive operational efficiency to complement voice, video, and messaging technologies. Also the technology for PTT needs to use the same infrastructure as other applications.
There are some solutions available from carriers and business application suppliers, but they are not integrated with work flow - for example office number, and may not provide acceptable in building coverage, require a dedicated device and does not integrate with other communication technologies as needed by the businesses on mobile and desktop devices.
There are two different deployments for NEC PPT deployment:
1. Cloud deployment where the bizRTC server hosts web Socket secure communication for your company that also connects to your on premise PBX or cloud phone system server.
2. On premise deployment in your local network that allows secure connectivity from anywhere with easy traversal through firewalls and SBCs as well as end to end secure transport.
If you choose to install on premise, then virtualized PTT back-end software on servers in the corporate network is installed by bizRTC online deployment personnel. This software can run on either physical hardware or a virtual machine configuration. After the software is installed, an administrator will add people, groups, roles and departments creating organization groups based on business communication needs.
The software for clients is available for free on the corresponding stores and runs on multiple mobile and desktop devices.
The user can be configured with over-the-air activation link that supplies username, password and other configuration as well as any roles and policies for the user. Once the user logs in after either clicking on configuration link or supplying login/password for the bizRTC auto-configuration server they have instant access to their talk groups.
• Push to talk from Wired-headset.
• Integration with cellular call and NEC uMobility Call
• Auto Provisioning
• Activate channel support
• Push to talk Audio route support
• Push to talk in lock screen
• Emoji Unicode chat support
• Person wise chat color.
• Multi-tenant support.
• Message notification support
• Presence of member(s)
• One to one and Group chat
• Message read & delivery receipt
• Push to talk – one to one & group
• Push to talk – mute / unmute for active group