Nursing Drug Book
by: Wellwisher Production • 140
Nursing Drug Book
Jones and Bartlett Learning Nurse’s Drug Handbook App is the most up-to-date, practical, and easy-to-use nursing drug reference available.
Updated annually, it provides:
• Accurate, timely facts on hundreds of drugs from abatacept to zonisamide
• Concise, consistently formatted drug entries organized alphabetically
• No-nonsense writing style that speaks your language in terms you use everyday
• Index of all generic, trade, and alternate drug names
• Chemical and therapeutic classes, FDA pregnancy risk category, and controlled substance schedule
• Indications and dosages, as well as route, onset, peak, and duration information
• Incompatibilities and contraindications
• Interactions with drugs, food, and activities
• Adverse reactions
• Nursing considerations, including key patient-teaching points
• Mechanism-of-action illustrations
• Warnings and precautions
New drug entries include: hydrocodone bitartrate, levomilnacipran hydrochloride, lomitapide mesylate, mipomersen sodium, prothrombin complex concentrate (human), and vortioxetine hydrobromide.
New to the Appendices:
• Selected Ophthalmic Drugs: brinzolamide/brimonidine tartrate
• Antihistamines: carbinoxamine maleate
• Selected Topical Drugs: adapalene/benzolyl peroxide, brimonidine, desoximetasone, luliconazole, and urea
• Antivirals: dolutegravir, simeprevir, and sofosbuvir
Once you download the 27 free sample drug entries, you will quickly discover that the Nursing Drug Handbook app is easy to use and includes all of the safety information you need to provide top-level care for your patients.
• Weekly updates with the latest need-to-know drug facts so you’re always up-to-date
• Quick and easy search via the Search Bar or by category, including Therapeutic Class, Pharmacologic
Class, Combination Drugs, or Canadian Drugs
• Visual search using our Photo Guide
• Easy-to-use tools to create a customized database, including Notes & Favorites.
physicians desk reference
drug information handbook
nursing drug handbook
prescription drugs online
In addition to the instant search capability that will help you quickly locate drug entries, each monograph includes the following key sections:
• Drug name: generic and brand names along with the pronunciation, tall man letters, and pill symbol
• Pregnancy risk category and controlled substances schedule
• Available forms (P.O., I.V., I.M., subcutaneous, inhalational, etc.)
• Indications & dosages
• Administration (covers all applicable routes)
• Action (route, onset, peak, duration, half-life)
• Adverse reactions (identified by body system)
• Interactions (drug-drug, drug-herb, drug-lifestyle)
• Effects on lab results
• Contraindications & cautions
• Nursing considerations
• Patient teaching guidelines
• Nursing process.
Everything nurses need to know about common medications -- in one pocket-sized guide!
Information for nursing students and professional nurses.
Free of cost.
You can find Drug in Following Category:-
- Oral Drugs
- Injectable Drugs
- Infusion Fluids
- Vaccines, immunoglobulins and antisera
- Drugs For External Use,Antiseptics And Disinfectants
- Organized alphabetically
- Mechanisms of action
- Therapeutic action
- Contra-indications, adverse effects, precautions
- Drug Interactions
- Nursing implications
- New drugs
- Patient education