English Pronouncing Dictionary
Full wordlist and sample entries are available to preview the dictionary content and to try the app functionality.
Cambridge English Pronouncing Dictionary (CEPD) contains over 230,000 pronunciations of words, names and phrases, including personal names, company names, and words related to science and technology. It is the definitive guide to contemporary pronunciation for British and American English.
***** Very useful! Ideal for those who want to improve their pronunciation. Thanks!
***** Absolutely love it. The best pronouncing dictionary every, great help for learners of English. Warning: no definitions, “just” pronunciation.
***** Very good in pronunciation teaching. Ideal for those who study or work in translation and interpretation and for English teachers, who should avoid the most errors with pronunciations.
**** Great source for spelling checks and pronunciation. Superb! Everyone needs it.
• British and American English audio pronunciations, recorded by native speakers
• Flash Card Quiz to help you memorize new words and test your pronunciation
• Favourites - to help you quickly access frequently searched words
• Search History to revise your recent searches
• CEPD will understand and find a word from any grammatical form
• Android Share. Select any text on websites, emails and share with CEPD to get words’pronunciations
• Copy any text from other apps and choose 'Look up clipboard’ in CEPD to see words’ pronunciations one by one
• Similar Words Search in case of misspelling
• Wildcard Search. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace letters if you’re unsure of the correct spelling
• Anagram Search (e.g. tab-bat)
Founded in the mid-16th century, Cambridge University Press is a world-leading publisher of English learning materials. Playing a leading role in today's global educational market, Cambridge University Press publishes titles written by authors in over 100 different countries.