R4Run - GPS based Run Tracker
by: PreCog • 4
R4Run is a state-of-the-art run tracker application, built as an outcome of surveys, user studies, task analysis, low-fidelity prototypes, and significant user testing. The interface, design, and the flow of the application have been built keeping in mind various HCI components necessary for highly enhancing the overall user-experience. This makes the app user-centric in terms of design, flow, interface, and functionalities.
R4Run has the following features -
* Detailed run stats - View the following stats - distance of run, time of run, and speed/pace of run, on LED screen. The interface used to show the stats is made specifically to locate, view, and understand the stats while running.
* Personalized voice coach - The app lets you personalize the audio cue settings. It lets you decide audio cues from a huge range of options. It lets you personalize every aspect of your run. Not anymore will you get annoyed by the non-configured audio commands while running/biking.
* Google maps - Now see a detailed path of your run on integrated google maps, which includes a tag for each point where you stopped/paused/resumed your running.
* Notes of your run - Create crisp notes about the run you completed.
* Share your run activity on facebook - Now post your run stats, notes, and the map path on the most popular social application facebook, and motivate yourself and your friends to run more.
* Landscape mode - With a single button push, the running activity screen turns to landscape mode. Looking at the run stats, while your phone is attached to arm-band, is a PAIN NO MORE.
* Detailed history of all your runs - The app lets you store no just the run stats but the notes, map, and graph of that particular run activity.
* Integrated music-player - Now play your favourite music from the run activity screen. No more switching between run activity screen and a separate music player screen.
R4Run is an outcome of application of various HCI (human-computer interaction) components. Following are the applied concepts-
* Survey - To acquire qualitative and quantitative data about the existing running applications.
* Task analysis - To perform user testing on low-fidelity prototypes and the final R4Run app.
* Low-fidelity prototyping
* Site branding
* Gulf of execution
* Gulf of evaluation
* Visual grouping - ordering
* Visual grouping - similarity
* High visibility action button
* Popularity based organisation
* Grid layout
* Above the fold
* Expanding screen width
* Colour contrast
* Icons to represent different actions