SideChef: Step-by-step cooking
by: SideChef • 2.3K
Being someone who loves to cook, I already use armfuls of cooking apps. Fast making its way to the top is SideChef: the app that makes an amateur like me feel like a pro. It boasts a strong community of top chefs, bloggers and foodies offering over 1000 recipes.
It works like a a social networking app. You can follow your favorite chefs and ask them questions, and become something of a celebrity yourself: the more recipes you upload, the more popular you become. Before you know it, you may end up on the Featured Chefs page.
But the primary goal is to actually teach you to cook and improve. SideChef really leads the way in step-by-step cooking, helping you master the art with voice, photo and video (took a while buffering) instructions. It also responds to voice command, keeping your device clean of sticky cooking hands.
Added to all manner of extras - smart keyword searching, integrated timers, the My Table journal feature, a converter, shopping lists shareable by email - there's lots to love. A bright, user-friendly and highly recommended cooking tool.
by Jayne , Appszoom
Nov 21, 2014
SideChef makes learning to cook accessible, easy, and fun at any skill level by giving you step-by-step photos, instructions, and voice commands. It also makes every step easily shareable, from browsing recipes to purchasing ingredients to celebrating the final meal.
SideChef is made to welcome novice cooks to the kitchen and to help intermediate and advanced cooks hone skills.
SideChef was lovingly built by a team that believes cooking can be for everyone.
FEATURES FOR COOKING
* Search for recipes based on ingredients on-hand
* Over 4000 step-by-step recipes
* Integrated timers
* Responds to voice commands for hands-free cooking
* Browse recipes and add to cookbook
* Rate recipes and upload your photos
* Search and browse by ingredient, keyword, diet, cuisine, or interest
* Featured Recipes from new and notable chefs and bloggers
* Easy conversions — change the serving size and all of the ingredients will adjust automatically
* Shopping checklists easily shareable through email
OVER 4000 STEP-BY-STEP RECIPES
* Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Rustic Basil Pesto by Domesticate Me
* Mango Chipotle Wings by Just Jan’s
* Brown Butter Lobster Ravioli with Tomato Cream Sauce by Half Baked Harvest
* Korean Beef Bulgogi Tacos by Hapa Nom-Nom
“If you’re always scorching the stew and you just can’t seem to achieve perfectly puffed chocolate chip cookies, let this free app serve as your new cooking companion. “ — Real Simple
“If you’ve ever ruined an entire meal because of a seemingly tiny mistake in timing or ingredient proportioning, than we have an app for you.” — Business Insider