sprdTrade is a free-to-use virtual spread betting platform that allows you to practice and hone your spread betting skills without risking any real money. The platform works with real UK FTSE stock exchange price data that is updated every 15 minutes.
sprdTrade allows you to create any number of portfolios and watchlists. You can place a buy or sell spread bet on a stock determining the amount per point, target price and stop loss criteria. You can then monitor your progress during the day (prices, profit & loss updated every 15 minutes) within the app to see how your bets are performing, and you will receive a summary email for each portfolio at the end of each day, detailing how each bet performed.
Specific functionality of the app is as follows:
- Create, edit and delete portfolios
- Create, edit and delete watchlists
- Search for stocks by ticker or name
- Browse stocks alphabetically
- Place bet – either sell or buy and specify the following
- £’s per point (size), target price, stop loss %, stop loss actual
- Edit a bet once it has been placed
- Close the bet
- Move the bet to a different portfolio
- Add a stock to a watchlist
- Set up user defaults; max bet, return on risk and stop loss
- Change user email address and password