by: Lobster Enterprises Ltd. • 13
Whether you're visiting Japan or dining at a sushi bar anywhere in the world, now you'll be able to read and understand the menu, without worrying about mistranslations - or missing translations.
Sushi Dictionary content includes:
- a browsable and searchable dictionary of the most popular sushi menu items
- comprehensive coverage of all Japanese fish and seafood (not just sushi), with information on common preparation methods for each fish - sashimi, tempura, grilled, etc.
- a guide to regional and other styles of sushi, sush as Osaka-style "pressed sushi"
- definitions and details for 150 sushi and fish terms
The app offers convenient Android-friendly features:
- text-to-speech lets you hear sushi terms in native Japanese (Android 4.0.3+)
- the app's image searcher lets you see what each type of fish looks like
- the sharing button lets you save definitions on your favorite memo app
- search-by-voice provides a convenient hands-free way to search
- fully optimized for tablets
Sushi Dictionary Deluxe (available through in-app upgrade) covers even more Japanese cuisine:
- yakitori (grilled chicken) menu items
- specialized sake terminology
- descriptions of over 100 popular Japanese dishes
- more than 800 Japanese food entries in all
The Sushi Dictionary app is produced by Bento.com, the authoritative guide to Japanese cuisine on the web.