Tutanota: simply secure emails
by: Tutao GmbH • 1.8K
Tutanota (a word meaning ‘secure message’ in Latin) is an innovative free webmail service which takes privacy to the next level. You can send end-to-end encrypted emails from your @tutanota.de address, in just a couple of taps.
If the option of encrypted emails wasn’t enough, you can also rest in the knowledge that all of your data is safe: all of your emails and contacts are also stored encrypted on the Tutanota servers.
With a simple and effective app interface to boot, this messaging service has a lot going for it. If privacy is what matters to you, Tutanota provides a solution which is not only secure but incredibly simple to use.
The interface is really very simple. To get going for the first time, you’ll need to create an @tutanota.de account which takes only seconds to do. Then you’re into a very simple and functional interface.
Add any contacts (they don’t need a Tutanota address) and input an encryption password that you have agreed with that person. Each time you compose a message, you simple need to tap on the padlock icon for whether you wish to send encrypted or not.
When your message arrives at the other end, the recipient receives an email telling them you have sent a confidential email. They then simply tap on the link, input the agreed password and there’s your message! It really does work.
The power is in your hands at all times: the company can’t see anything in plain text: they can’t even restore your password or reset your account. Security of the highest order, free of charge with a gigabyte of message and attachment storage.
The design is perhaps a touch on the bland side and it would be nice to see the service available in more languages. According to their Facebook page a translation project has already been started, though.
If you’re prone to forgetfulness, you may get frustrated by the fact that you cannot reset or recoup your password. Best write it down somewhere safe. If you forget, you must start over. But this is a small, but necessary sacrifice for security.
All in all, this is a must-have app for email encryption.
Tags: tutanota descargar , tutanota two factor , скачать почту тутанато , скачать tutanota на андроид , tutanota para ordenador
by Jayne , Appszoom
Jan 26, 2015
The open source app Tutanota enables you to send end-to-end encrypted emails to anybody with a tip of your finger. Even emails that are being sent without end-to-end encryption and all your contacts are stored encrypted on the Tutanota servers.
Only you with your password have access to your encrypted data, profiling is impossible. Tutanota combines security with ease-of-use so that everybody can use end-to-end encryption. Now you can take back your privacy easily!
Official website: https://tutanota.com
Source code: https://github.com/tutao/tutanota
- Register your free Tutanota account with 1 GB of free storage.
- Choose your email address from the supported domains @tutanota.com, @tutanota.de, @tutamail.com, @tuta.io and @keemail.me.
- Send and receive end-to-end encrypted emails to anybody, to other Tutanota users automatically and to external users secured with a password.
- Send and receive old-fashioned emails (not end-to-end encrypted). Even these emails are stored encrypted on the Tutanota servers.
- Subject, content and attachments are automatically encrypted.
- Supports push notifications when receiving new emails.
- Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Tutanota or your phone contacts.
- Tutanota is open source so that anyone can verify its security by auditing the code.
The Tutanota app asks for very few permissions to keep your level of privacy to a maximum:
- Full network access: Used to send and receive emails.
- Receive data from the internet: To notify you when you receive a new email.
- View network connections: To find out if an internet connection exists.
- Read your contacts: This enables you to select recipients from your phone's contacts.
- Read from SD card: To allow adding of attachments from the SD card to emails.
- Control vibration: To notify you when you receive a new email.
- Deactivate sleeping mode: To notify you when you receive a new email.