Why Can't I Connect?
by: Melon Realized • 0
"Why Can't I Connect?" is a network diagnostic tool that makes it easier to resolve TCP/IP connection errors. Diagnose connections to common server types (Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL Server, FTP, SFTP, IMAP, POP3, SMTP, IRC, LDAP, and Usenet) or create a user defined connection on any port. Maybe a firewall is blocking the requested port, the port isn't listening, DNS isn't returning the expected address, DHCP hasn't supplied a local IP address, the WiFi login isn't complete... The app will step through the connection process, resolving all IP addresses, displaying all sent and received messages in both hexadecimal and ascii. Any errors will be reported with possible causes for the error. Are you unsure of which ports are being used on your device? The "Ports In Use" function will show all the connected ports, listening ports, or ports that can not bind for any reason. Prerecorded scripts may be run to test multiple connections. The scripts may be recorded using the "Why Can't I Connect?" PC application. There are prerecorded scripts available from the Melon Realized web site https://www.whycanticonnect.com/?q=downloads . These scripts contain test connections for many common email servers (Free.fr, Gmail, GMX, Interia.pl, Lycos, Mail.ru, Outlook, Web.de, Yandex, Yahoo, and Zoho.) Use the "Resolve Name / IP Address Function" to resolve a domain name to an IP address or an IP address to a domain name. "Why Can't I Connect?" is a DIAGNOSTIC TOOL ONLY. It will find the root cause of the error but it will not, apart from incomplete WiFi logins, attempt to repair the connection. The app is intended for users with some network experience or users who wish to be able to supply technical details to a help desk.
* Common server types are prefilled with the default port. The port value may be changed.
* You may check your WiFi login with the simple press of a button. The error pattern for a possible WiFi incomplete login is detected on any connection and will query if you would like to check the login.
* Check your device for connected ports, listening ports, or any ports that can not bind.
* Run prerecorded scripts to easily retest connections.
* Resolve a domain name to an IP address or an IP address to a domain name.
* User defined connections remain open. You are free to send text or the contents of a file. The connection remains open for sending and receiving until you shutdown or close, the connection peer closes the connection, or the operating system closes the app or connection.
* Multiple toolbars are available and may be selected to fit comfortably in your device from the "Settings" menu option.
For a quick tour and instructions, please check here: https://www.whycanticonnect.com/?q=smartphone
For more information, please check the knowledge base: https://www.whycanticonnect.com/?q=knowledge-base